PayPal CAN create a fictitious address

skeezix
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase through Bricklink.  My account information in Bricklink is correct.  I paid using PayPal.  My PayPal profile is correct.  I have only one mailing address in both Bricklink and PayPal and they are the same.

My "Receipt for Your Payment" from PayPal shows a shipping address that is completely wrong. 

<removed>
Boulder, CO 80301

The first line is not even an address.  The second line may be an address.  The only thing that is correct is Boulder, CO.  Everything else is wrong and the addresses are in no way related to me.

The really odd thing is this comment from the seller:

"You aren’t alone. This is the third incorrect address I’ve received in 2 days, no idea what Paypal is messing with."

Just checked...<removed> in Boulder is the address of Home Depot and 1546 is that store's number.  That is, it is Store #1546.  Several times in the past few years I have shopped online at Home Depot and used the shipping option of  "Buy Online, Pick Up In Store" to get free shipping.  I don't recall but I probably used PayPal to pay for the purchase.  I have never linked Home Depot to my PayPal account in any way.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@skeezix

Worrying   Smiley Surprised

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

twoboymom
Contributor
Contributor
Apparently PayPal can do a lot of things with our personal information....sharing, changing, making things up completely, you name it! And, if you want to be involved with eBay or PayPal, there doesn't seem to be much, if anything, we can do about it. The fact that the interaction you had with a third party could effectively change the "facts" about you and your account ARE very worrisome! Why are we not allowed to keep our private information actually PRIVATE?!? BTW, I find it hard to believe that they are not "compensated" for the "sharing" of our information with all of these marketing firms who attempt to use it to sell THEIR products! Oh, that's right...it's all for OUR benefit!!! 🙄
Login to Me Too

skeezix
Contributor
Contributor

Four days now and no response from PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@skeezix

If you mean respond HERE then this is not customer services.

This is user to user help forum and the mods only reply with general advice if a post has not been answered sometimes.

Suggest you contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

skeezix
Contributor
Contributor

I did not expect a solution from the PayPal Community...I expected a response to my Customer Service email to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@skeezix

If you want a response from PayPal customer service, you will need to contact PayPal customer service directly by all available methods, persistently.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.