Negative balance which I am not paying but collectors are harassing me! HELP

nyczalex
Contributor
Contributor

So I have a negative balance because of someone that charged back their card on me and paypal is making me responsible for it which in no way am I going to pay. They aren't stealing from me, I will just simply stop using and supporting them. My problem is that they have collection agencies coming after me for this bogus debt, saying how if they recieve a money jkudgement against me, they can prevent me from all types of incomes, including my wages/salary.  What do I do about this? I would like to know my options without having spending any money obviously since I am not at fault. Is that the only option? 

I actually wanted to sue paypal myself and take them to court but I haven't had the time and still are looking into solutions to handling this chargeback that they are holding me responsible for. 

For more info regarding my case, you can see my other topics I created a few months ago.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The chargeback was for a customer dispute you did not resolve so PayPal refunded on your behalf and not you owe the money.

The responsible action would be to pay your debt.

If you don't, you suffer whatever consequences your get based on the debt collect using any and all legal methods to collect the debt.

As for suing PayPal, all you need to do is hire an attorney to take the case.

Login to Me Too

nyczalex
Contributor
Contributor

The chargeback is probably from someone using their mom's card.

The responsible action would not be for me to pay it but to try to handle it which i'm trying to do.  I already gave up on paypal possibly but they have collectors harassing me and telling me all these actions they can take against me. There is no way I will pay for that ridiculous chargeback. I have spoke to the representatives several times with them siding with me every time, won both paypal and ebay disputes yet still get charged back and held responsible for it? Anyone can charge back their credit card and they will be sided with their company.

I am not looking to pay/spend any money unless there is a 100% chance of winning which I should have. I don't need them taking money from me out of any accounts or other means if they have the authority to but I am fine with and ready to not being able to use their service if it comes down to that. It's their loss just as much as mine. I have been with them for over 10 years yet they are holding me responsbile for a immature chargeback from someone who has probably a under 2 year newly made account.

Login to Me Too

fraudsterPP
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me. Wife buys off me and wants her money back. She waits the full term to file with her bank, I supply Paypal with screen shots of the auction plus our entire conversation PLUS voice messages from her confirming she agreed to buy off me. In the end, banks sides with her (well DUH), Paypal lets her KEEP my item, overdraws my account by the $31 PLUS THEN CHARGES ME A $20 FEE!! I just called and got the WORST Paypal agent (can't call her a customer service agent as she's a total tool). Calling the Recovery Solutions tomorrow and will rage. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.