Limited Account Acces

Anna_
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I received an email from PayPal asking me proof of address and ID. I did send them but my ID was rejected because it is an old type ID.

When I opened this account I used the same ID they do not accept now. Also about a year ago they asked again for ID verification and they accepted my ID.

Now they do not accept it. I do't want to change my ID with a new one. What can I do to get full access to my account?

Thank you in advance for your help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal cannot accept old ID; that is history.  PayPal needs current ID information for security purposes.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to comply with PayPal's new security policies.  PayPal isn't going to reduce security requirements to meet your needs.

Login to Me Too

Anna_
Contributor
Contributor
It is the same ID that I used to open my account and it was accepted as a verification about a year ago
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what is missing with your old ID?

Login to Me Too

Anna_
Contributor
Contributor
Old type is almost same size as new,  is a light orange printed paper. All feelds  are filed by hand writing; The photo is stapled and there is only issue date, no expiry date. There is also a difference which is very significant for me. In the address field is my home town, Trikomo, Famagusta Cyprus, which is occupied by Turkish troops since 1974, when I was 30 yrs old, changing my life and my dreams.
With a new ID the address will be lost... 
I believe you can understand
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal cannot accept old ID; that is history.  PayPal needs current ID information for security purposes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.