How do I remove a canceled credit card?

biscotti_nkpa
New Community Member

I have a credit card listed in my Wallet that I no longer use because the account was compromised and closed.  I have tried removing this card repeatedly and keep getting the same notice that I have pending transactions.  I DO NOT have any pending transactions and I still get this annoying message.  Suggestions please?  Smiley Indifferent

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

jreedy
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the exact same issue...
Login to Me Too

Kab183
New Community Member

I have been trying to delete inactive CC and bank accounts for two weeks.   Error message keeps telling me there is a pending transaction and nothing is pending.  Emailed support and they did not help.   

Login to Me Too

cgarv42
New Community Member

I have not used paypal for a year or so. I now have a new credit card. How do I enter this information.

I also have a billing address at the PO. and a street address for package delivery.

Please Help thanks

Login to Me Too

woody1945
New Community Member

email Paypal. They will return an email with FAQ including yours.

Login to Me Too

babytrina0077
New Community Member

troed x7!!!----to add a NEW debit card---to zero<avail!!!.Have2< transactions going through Sept.11!!I'm rated @100%--w/Pay-pal.I'n NOW<on eternal hold-w/customer "we're very busy'--$ervice<!<!<...+,I actually >sent'-via snail mail my soc.sec.#/hard copy-cause they didn't believe the card was real.+--4-5 actuall calls affirming same.to no avail.

Login to Me Too

Teddy2
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this same problem!  The crdit card I am trying to delete is still valid but I no longer use it. Has anyone found out how to delete the credit card.  Keep saying pending transaction also and try again later.

Login to Me Too

woody1945
New Community Member

I get the same notice for the same problem. Paypal FAQ do noy help at all. I think we have the same problem because we can't tell them the CCV number. Obviously I lost that when I destroyed the credit card. Paypal is no help at all. Let me know if you get a solution.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Erica

Hi all!

Thanks for reaching out to us here! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble removing your cards from your accounts.

The error message you are referring to generally happens when the card has been used as a back up funding source for a bank funded transaction. If this transaction is still processing through the bank, which typically takes 3-4 business days in the US, (5-10 in some countries), then you would not be able to remove the card until that transaction had finished processing.

If you are certain that all of your transactions have completed, but you are still receiving this message, then we would recommend reaching out to us through one of our customer service channels. Our representatives would be happy to help you in removing the card. 🙂

I hope this helps!

-Erica

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!

Login to Me Too

sophiejo
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Erica wrote:

Hi all!

Thanks for reaching out to us here! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble removing your cards from your accounts.

The error message you are referring to generally happens when the card has been used as a back up funding source for a bank funded transaction. If this transaction is still processing through the bank, which typically takes 3-4 business days in the US, (5-10 in some countries), then you would not be able to remove the card until that transaction had finished processing.

If you are certain that all of your transactions have completed, but you are still receiving this message, then we would recommend reaching out to us through one of our customer service channels. Our representatives would be happy to help you in removing the card. 🙂

I hope this helps!

-Erica

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!

Erica, it would be nice if your advice could be taken. I have spent the morning trying to find a channel on which I might 'reach out'. But no luck. This is damnably annoying, since the card at issue is an expired one, and I have had my new card (same bank account) confirmed. I'm sorry, but I think PayPal is being silly here. Worse, it is being silly to my inconveniance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.