Cannot remove old Bank account from Wallet

Bawa
Contributor
Contributor

After repeated tries two months ago, I still cannot remove an old bank from my wallet. I added a new bank and that is working fine, but I still cannot delete/remove the old bank. At the time I called Customer Service and they tried also with no results. They were supposed to "look into the problem" and get back to me but they never did. They said to wait a couple of days for the "change" to process and all should be fine, but the old bank is still on my account. I tried again today and it will not remove. I just keep getting the same message that I got before  that the Bank cannot be removed due to pending transacation, please try again later. There are NO pending transactions, no disputes,no linked cards, no problems whatsoever, now nor were there 2 months ago. I do not want the bank info on my account, but it seems no one has figured out how to remove it.  If anyone else has or has had this problem and found a resolution, please post it here.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

there is no pending transaction now,but there may be some in the near future,

chargebacks and disputes can come in within 180 days.

Login to Me Too

Bawa
Contributor
Contributor
No. There will not be any pending transactions, charge backs or disputes in the future. The account in question is closed. An 180 day time window makes no sense. Please direct me to the source that says anything about that.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I cannot direct you to any source,but judging from the way Paypal behaves,if you cant close your bank account after trying and trying,either Paypal IS BRAINDEAD or it is the 180 days policy,Paypal/Ebay and credit card issuer of the buyer allow any purchase to be disputed within 180 days.

180 days is the magic number,when PAYPAL restricts accounts,fund is frozen for 180 days in case of dispute and chargeback. 

Login to Me Too

Bawa
Contributor
Contributor

I don't sell anything on Paypal/Ebay so there would be no disputes/chargebacks.  The last time I bought anythng on Ebay was in February which is way over 180 days. There is nothing in the history of my account that shows anything  "pending". I Goggled "can't remove bank account on Paypal" and found other people, going back years, who have had the same problem. So I guess this isn't a unique problem. It appears to be a random bug that has not been resolved by Paypal. I wonder how many people have had this problem over the years and have just given up. I will probably do the same. My old bank account is closed with the bank and I don't store money on Paypal. My new bank account is active as Primary and working fine. I just wanted to clean up my account with Paypal.  Thank you for your attempt at helping but I am hoping someone who has had the same problem and has a succesful resolution will post.

Login to Me Too

chasitydc
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I have no pending transactions. I switched banks, added new info and it will not let me delete the old account. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Log on and try this link:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

chasitydc
Contributor
Contributor
I used that link and now it says I cannot remove it because of a pending transaction. Impossible. All transactions were cleared before I changed banks. My last transaction was my Netflix payment which was on Nov. 12th.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Cancel out your billing agreements, if any, by going to your pre-approved payment page.  Those maybe locking your bank acct in.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RICOH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I had the same exact problem that you described.   I talked with several operators about it. One of them just closed my accounts completely (Not what I wanted him to do.).  Then I rejoined PayPal with the bank account that  I wanted to use.

RICOH

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.