Can't delete credit card, although my balance is zero

kpierce
New Community Member

I can't figure out how to delete a credit card, even when my balance is $0.00. I get the message:

"Sorry, you can't remove this card right now. Please try again after all transactions have been processed"

I am sure I am missing something simple, but when I go to pay for something, this is the first item that pops up and I would like to remove it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

kpierce

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Erica

Hi kpierce,

Thanks for reaching out to us here! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble removing your card. If you've recently made a purchase it is possible that this card is being used as a back-up funding source for this transaction. If that is the case you would want to wait until the transaction has completed (3-4 business days) and then try removing the card again.

If you continue to run into this error after all transactions have completed processing please reach out to us through one of our customer service channels and we'd be happy to assist!

I hope this helps!

-Erica

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!

Login to Me Too

leonhallza
New Community Member

I have the same problem. I am at my wits end. I want to remove an old expired card that doesn't even exist anymore. It won't let me remove my old card even though I have 2 other cards there as backup.

Pathetic really...

Login to Me Too

skiphx
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this problem. I have NO outstanding charges. I have had this issue before. If it requires a person, please remove the delete option from the credit card and SAY that. This is so freaking frustrating I can't stand it. If there was any other viable option, I would delete this account all together.

Login to Me Too

Peter532
New Community Member

I have the same problem. After reading from the board "Only PayPal CS can do it, they will never let you remove it on your own. We all know why they're making this difficult. They've been doing this since atleast 2010." I consider to close the account if 3 - 4 more days are not enough. Fullstop.

Login to Me Too

nornimc
New Community Member

Hi Erica

I'm having the sam issue. My purchase was made a week ago. 

Login to Me Too

navycat
New Community Member

Only PayPal CS can do it, they will never let you remove it on your own. We all know why they're making this difficult. They've been doing this since atleast 2010.

Login to Me Too

Thiefsie
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, expired, nothing pending, can't remove.
Sigh Paypal...

Login to Me Too

jonofuf

I'm in the same boat. Supposedly it happens because the card was set as my backup funding source, but ever since the site upgrade, it doesn't appear to have functionality to change the backup source.  No transactions in the past 2 months, card has been cancelled for over a year now, it's been removed from the prepayment settings.  Still I just get the same old message when I try to remove it: "We're sorry, you can’t remove this card right now. Please try again after all transactions have been processed."

7+ years and they still just say to phone Customer Service.  Brutal...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.