Bank Account Unconfirmed - How to Confirm?

Jucheel1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I just recently saw on the PayPal App that my bank account is unconfirmed and so to confirm it I should log on to the website. And so I did but when I selected my bank account, I noticed that my account type is checking. And I couldn't find any instructions or buttons to confirm my bank account. How should I go about this?

I have done the steps to verify my paypal account. Link my bank account and got the 4 digit pin code. My account status is even listed verified. It's just disappointing since last week (March 19) I transferred funds from my paypal to my bank account but after the week was over the transaction was rejected and my funds were returned to my Paypal with a deduction (cuz of the returning fee) and an email was sent to me saying that my bank account information was invalid. I checked my info and found no error, my friends advised me to make the transfer again since one of them had the same experience, and so I did. It has been 3 days and Paypal has notified me that the transfer was completed but when I checked my bank account, the money isn't there. And as I checked my paypal account on the app that's when I saw  that my bank account is unconfirmed.

I really hope someone could help me on this :'(

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

cyi
New Community Member

Hi,

I downloaded the Paypal app a few days ago and noticed that the status of my bank account (BPI) is "unconfirmed" and it's under checking account instead of savings.... I'm hesitant to transfer funds from paypal to my bank account cos I'm under the impression that it might cause problem. How do I go about this? I got an email fro Paypal that I have successfully added my bank accounts and I may now withdraw using my BPI, I'm just worried about the "unconfirmed" status of my BPI. They said it's ok because it's not applicable for non US users, should I just leave it as it is? Am I good to go?

Login to Me Too

cyi
New Community Member

Hi,

So I could just ignore the "unconfirm" status on my BPI account? Am I good to go? Cos I'm having the same problems as yours. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Jucheel1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello po!

Yes you could leave that as is. My bank account still has the unconfirmed status in the paypal app till now and I have no problems with transferring funds.

Login to Me Too

mercedezocampo
New Community Member
Hi! So even if my savings account is unconfirmed, will I still be able to withdraw paypal to bpi money?
Login to Me Too

Jucheel1
Contributor
Contributor

I have no experience with BPI though but as what my friends experienced (since they're using BPI) they can widthraw without a problem even if their bank account status is unconfirmed.

Login to Me Too

dwiputra
New Community Member

so what is your money from paypal is completed transfered even your bank account wrote unconfirmed??

Login to Me Too

Jucheel1
Contributor
Contributor

Please note that I only found the "Unconfirmed" status of my PayPal account in the PayPal App. The "Unconfirmed" status is not present in my PayPal Account when I use a browser.

If this is also what you are experiencing, then you can transfer funds from PayPal to your bank account for sure.

Login to Me Too

rossjasper
Contributor
Contributor

How can you call paypal here in Philippines? what is their contact number? thanks!

(is it free?)

Login to Me Too

minaco
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same experience and I'm quite relieved to see this thread.
Thank you for sharing your experience. It all makes sense now.

Glad that everything's all right! 

Login to Me Too

cjmapale1809

Hi! I'm kinda having the same problem. My girlfriend just sent me $30 dollars but I'm reluctant to withdraw the amount to the bank account I linked because the BPI Account I linked to my PayPal is a Savings Account but it says "Checking" as the account type in my Wallet. Will this discrepancy be a problem? How long does it take for the money to be sent to the bank account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.