$5 paypal credit did not apply to eBay purchase

liz2424
New Community Member

I was given a $5 credit to use with Paypal. It was supposed to be automatic. When I purchased my EBAY item though paypal, it did take  the $5 off.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @liz2424!

Welcome to the PayPal forums! Sorry to hear there was a problem with a credit being applied to one of your purchases. 😞

Can you supply some further details on what the credit was for? Was it part of a promotion?

Also, have you checked the transaction details on your PayPal Activity to ensure the credit wasn't used? Often times with promotions or credits, you won't see the total dollar amount change, but you'll see the credit was applied within the transaction details. 

For example, if you make a $10 purchase and you have a $5.00 promotional balance and decide to fund the rest of the purchase with your bank account, the purchase amount of $10 won't change but we'll only charge the bank account $5.00. You'd be able to see that info in the transaction details. 

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.