Weebly shipping help please

wayneklay
Contributor
Contributor

I have a website with Weebly and am stuck trying to have different shipping rates for the different products I sell. Right now, only ONE shipping calculation exists for ALL my products. I have products of differing sizes and weight so need shipping rates according to each product. How do I do this? With PayPal buttons maybe?

thank you in advance for your help.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not really sure what about your question - are you using Weebly's cart?

Login to Me Too

wayneklay
Contributor
Contributor

thank you!

yes, I am using Weebly's cart but since I am not a Pro member, I don't get a shipping calculator from Weebly. That tool is only for the $20 a month plans. So right now, my sales default to PayPal for payment and shipping is adjustable by me on PayPal. I can set the rates. But only once and those rates will apply to any and all products I sell.

Do I need to dump Weebly's cart and use Pay Pal's cart? If so, could you explain how I do that?

Thank you again.

my website is: www.lightupfun.com

if that helps.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That's not an easy question to answer as you're dealing with a 3rd party cart. 

If you're simply just using a hosting service and building your own web site and item buttons, then it's a bit more straight forward.  For example, you can then use the shipping override variables and/or the weight variables in combination with your account profile shipping method.

To get into explaining everything is a bit beyond the scope of this forum.  Basically assuming you have a website setup, adding the PayPal generated item button is just copy and paste.  There are many site hosting services out there and they each have their pros and cons.   We simply do everything from scratch, then we get the results we want.  We use a hosting service for our domain name, create everything locally (on our computer system) and then FTP our files (upload) to our hosting site.

As for working with Weebly, don't really know how much freedom you have.  Perhaps you could contact their support about your specific questions and/or if they have user community where you could find assistance.

And you can find hosting services that also have site templates that not only are easy to customize, they also easy to integrate with PayPal's item button code.  Just as an example, check out this hosting service and their templates.  Their templates provide a great starting point and you also have the options to create everything yourself - you're not locked into anything specific.

http://allwebcodesign.com/

Login to Me Too

Sherlenet
New Community Member

This is my problem exactly too.  Did you find a solution?  BTW, I'm a PRO user at Weebly and I didn't know anything about a shipping calculator that works in my situation.  It's either weights or total cost of the product that is used to calculate the shipping fees. Because I sell drop ship products from overseas as well as locally, my shipping rates vary considerably so the 'one size fits all' does not work.  It's really been causing me pain since 2012.  I've not been shown a good solution but someone said perhaps there is a plug in somewhere by a 3rd party.  If you've found one, please let me know too as this is still costing me a lot of money in lost business as customers don't like seeing big shipping fees, but they are set to default international shipping which is just too scary.  I've written all over my store page, "Email me for a shipping quote" but customers just want to click and go.  I don't blame them as that's what I want to do too.  Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.