Two credit cards - choose which one for payment

SunValley
New Community Member

I want to be able to choose which of my two Mastercards to use for payment. How do I set this up and do this?

thanks

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

SunValley -

Welcome to the boards!

This can definitely be done Smiley Happy When checking out, click on "change" under the "payment method" section.  Just select the card you want to use for the payment, review your details (I always recommend double checking the shipping address in particular), and complete the payment. 

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

SunValley -

Welcome to the boards!

This can definitely be done Smiley Happy When checking out, click on "change" under the "payment method" section.  Just select the card you want to use for the payment, review your details (I always recommend double checking the shipping address in particular), and complete the payment. 

Thanks!

Adrian

Hi Adrian !!!      Nice to see we are both back !!

My problem is a bit different from the one you already answered here.....

Had a problem with my old credit card that was the first card I  listed in my Paypal Account to use for payment..But I had to cancel it, and the credit card company sent me a new card with new acct # & expiration date.  I added the new credit card info to my account.... but I need to remove that old credit card ( it has been cancelled with my credit card company and cannot be used)... But when I click on the REMOVE button, it comes up with this statement in a box >

" You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending."
 My  credit card already says "confirmed" next to my newly listed card... But when will I be able to go into my account and remove my Old cancelled card ? It is 2 days and I still get that message above when I click on Remove.....

Thanks !!  Cat Sad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

JEANQA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so good to see you!  Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this one, we've been absolutely busy around here!

It sounds like your card may have been tied in as a secondary funding source for an Order within the last month or so when you tried to remove it.  I would say give it another shot at removing the card (I'm sure the Order has cancelled out by now), and if it doesn't budge for you, let me know.

Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Adrian !!!!  

Great to "see" you !! 

I think I did use that card I want to remove, using paypal... but it was probably weeks, if not a month... I know the purchase and delivery transaction has completed for awhile... I will go back and try it again this week... and let you know !!!!

How have you been doing?  I see you are right back working hard... and I am back being a pain !!  Smiley LOL

yeah... I had my cc call me .. and had to cancel it... and they sent me another one... I put the new in my acct ok... just having the problem getting the cancelled one removed.. I don't want to accidently choose it for payment... so I will try the remove button again... before I use anything for payment.

You are really doing great in the Kudo's dept !!!  you will hit  300 in no time....

Thanks for the help..  will let you know when I try to remove again....

have a great night and  ...... I'll be back !!!   LOL  

Jean

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi JeanQA -

That's unfortunate about the card Smiley Sad but I'm sure if you try removing it this time around you'll be able to get it off of there Smiley Happy  As for the kudos, I noticed, thank you!!

As always, you're right, I'm chugging away keeping the lights on around here.  And no, you're not a pain, so quit saying that! Smiley Happy

If that doesn't work for you, make sure to let us know!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Hi JeanQA -

That's unfortunate about the card Smiley Sad but I'm sure if you try removing it this time around you'll be able to get it off of there Smiley Happy  As for the kudos, I noticed, thank you!!

As always, you're right, I'm chugging away keeping the lights on around here.  And no, you're not a pain, so quit saying that! Smiley Happy

If that doesn't work for you, make sure to let us know!

Adrian

Adrian, you were right ( And I never doubted  ySmiley Surprisedu )...  just had to wait... I removed the old card... I feel a lot better... and can go online and buy something   Smiley Happy

Kudos to you !!!   Cat Very Happy

I was thinking maybe because I was trying to remove one and had just entered the replacement.. even though

it said the new one was confirmed and entered ok... It might have taken longer to update...

How did your time away go?   Did you manage to get some relaxation ?

I would imagine doing the Paypal thing must be stressful at times.

Glad you are back and helping (me) ... and everyone else   Smiley LOL

Kudos again !

Jean

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi JeanQA!

Glad to hear it! Yes, I certainly got quite a bit of relaxation in - a few months off was wonderful, I'm very happy that our company has programs such as this in place.  Between the various outings, projects, and time with my family, I think it was one of the best vacations I've had in quite a few years!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

JeanQA
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, Adrian, I am glad to hear it was a success. I think more companies should take more of an interest in their employees... I don't think too many realize that a happy employee is a dedicated employee !  I saw a report also on Google Company... very interesting... they said there was like a 5 year waiting list for a job there...  Quite an interesting building also.. and they have a Medical Clinic right there... free for employees & their families.  Paypal sounds much like that...

Thanks for the help on my credit card...  appreciate it, as always !! 

Had quite a storm here on the East Coast.... Lost my electricity for over 24 hours... how frustrating !! AND no computer! Can you imagine... LOL... 

Jean    Cat Very Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

JeanQA -

I saw the storm, it was quite a big one!  We've jumped in with a fee waiver for charities raising funds for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts - see more here about this initiative.  I think it's wonderful we can help out this way.  I hope you and yours are safe and sound (and I see the computer is back on Smiley Wink).

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.