No "Add Money from Bank" button?

Siniquity
Contributor
Contributor
It's been a while since I had to add money from my bank account to Paypal but now I can't seem to find the button. Under the Add Money header, all I see is "Add Money from Moneypak." I know that my bank account is connected to Paypal since I have the option to SEND money to my bank account but I can't seem to do the reverse. If somebody knows where the button is hiding, please let me know. Thanks!
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kecalaustro
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having the same problem as well. I thought by providing more personal information to the Resolution Center that it would be resolved but it did not. Hope this problem is addressed soon, there is only two more days left to bid on the item I wanted!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Siniquity-

Sorry for the confusion with that situation and the delay in responding to your question.  You actually have to click on the Add Money link to add money from your bank now.  And it might ask you for some identification verification.  If you have questions about that, you can check out the post I made here for an explanation.

kecalaustro-

See above about where the add money option is, but in your case, why are you adding money to your account?  You don't need to have a balance in your PayPal account to make a purchase.  You can either use a credit card for immediate payment, a card and bank will allow you the Instant Transfer option (which is funded from your bank), or send an echeck directly to the merchant from your bank.

Hope that helps ya'll out.

Andy

Login to Me Too

newuser2012
New Community Member

I don't want to pay through a Credit card or issue an e-cheque. I just want to add funds from my bank account into my paypal account and do shopping. I can't find add funds button in my 'overview '. Please tell me how can I add funds to paypal a/c ?

Login to Me Too

Sunshineshook
Contributor
Contributor

I have been puzzled about this same issue for quite some time. I was wondering why  when I hovered over "Add Money" why the only option in the drop down menu was "Add Money with Moneypak". I discovered that you actually have to click on the words "Add Money" next to "Overview" then you get other options to add money to your account. Hope this helps others who has been confused by this change.

Login to Me Too

jsains
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting to a point where i can't trust PayPal, I am on the phone now and have ben for a while, yesterday waited for more than 4 hrs. and 3 differant  passcode #s and nowone answered, tne number is only good for an hour ..

I am loosing my patience, do you want to stay in buesness getting tired of loosing  custemors.

the papers were sent I don't have any bills mailed to me only my bamk statment. All bills are paperless or payed online.

for some like insurance and auto regestration I use PayPal, looks like I need to find another company if you cant fix your system. after10 or so years i have gone through this 3 prior times. I rent part time and reside at boath addresses listed

Login to Me Too

sharkking5446
New Community Member

No that was not helpful i still can't add money from my bank account. Thanks for nothing you money hungry jerks.

Login to Me Too

ricardonc
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.  I click on the add money button and I get 3 options

1-

Bank transfer Add money from a U.S. bank account 3-5 business daysFree

2-

Balance Manager Schedule regular transfers/set a minimum 3-5 business daysFree

3-

Add money from Green Dot MoneyPak | Learn moreInstant Free

The first option above has no active link so it is useless. 

It seems that PayPal wants you to use a recurring tranferof funds method so that you keep a blance on your account thus they can reinvest the funs in overnight trading and make money on the money that we have on our accounts.

Or perhaps they want us to use MoneyPak more. One of their corporate partners.

So if we do not need to keep a balance on our Paypal accounts then why do we use paypal? 

Someone please fix option number one.

Login to Me Too

markforbush
New Community Member

Click on "Add Money", not "Add Money from MoneyPack".

Login to Me Too

Greekdancer138
New Community Member

Yeah, but the problem is the add money from money pak is the only option it gives you anymore. Even though my account has been linked to my bank for years and I never had this problem before

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.