My Profile Page won't open - too many redirects

Sreeram
New Community Member

Hello,

After I log into my paypal account, when I click on 'Profile' link, the page doesn't open and I get the browser message 'Too many redirects'. Everything was working fine till couple of days back.

Please help. Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Clear your browser cache, cookies and restart device.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Did this.

Also disabled all extensions.

Updated and tried on firefox, expllorer, & chrome, get the same redirect link on all.

Went to my iPhone, clicked my 'proffile" link and I can see on my iPHone that it goes to page:

/profile-sumary

then jumps to

/summary-view

then jumps to 

/mytools/

it cycles through each of  these pages 4 times then times out with the final page:

paypal.com/es/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_home&country_lang.x=true

with a message that the page is timed out for redirect loop

I've tried it on 4 computers and two iphones, it is the same on each.

I have a merchant account.

I have noticed, that I log in ot the "same old page" that I've been logging in to for years whereas my Wife's new account, she gets taken to a more "modern" looking site at login.

It seems that some of us are "stuck" in an older version of Paypal and now its broken.

I only noticed this a today, last I was in my profile was maybe 2 or 3 months ago.

Login to Me Too

DavidHunter66
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue you described, including the two different styles of account web pages (older and newer styles).

Login to Me Too

I get this page:

The www.paypal.com page ins't working

www.papal.com redirected you too  many times

try:

reloading the page

clearing your cookies

BTW: I did also clear all my cookies.

But, from what I can see on the iPhone, that it is bouncing from page to page, this is clearly a site issue, not a problem with my computer.  Some paypal tech has written some bad code and  has these pages redirected to each other in a loop.

Login to Me Too

DavidHunter66
Contributor
Contributor

@Sreeram wrote:

Hello,

After I log into my paypal account, when I click on 'Profile' link, the page doesn't open and I get the browser message 'Too many redirects'. Everything was working fine till couple of days back.

Please help. Thanks

I found a new work-around to this problem.

The problem is there are two PayPal account websites - an older one, and a newer one. Older users such as ourselves have been stuck half-way between the two systems. Newer users (presumably, those who created their accounts after PayPal created the new website) don't have these issues we're having.

Simply create a new PayPal account. You'll now be stuck in 'new PayPal website' mode, and you won't ever see the old PayPal website, and you won't get any of the redirect loops.

Of course, this means you'll have to set up an entirely new PayPal account, and go through the bank account verification process again, which takes 3-5 days. But I was able to set everything up (except the bank accounts) over the last hour and successfully got into the 'Profile' page on the new PayPal account website, which I needed to get into in order to set up online sales... I have even been able to actually receive a payment from my online store in this same time.

Hopefully this work-around will help everyone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.