Java update issues. HELP!

mediaWOOP
Contributor
Contributor

I recently switched out my old computer for a new one. Opened up Paypal's Multi Order Shipping Tool (I use a Brother QL-570 label printer) and when it came time to print, I was prompted to upgrade my Java software to the latest version. I did the following:

-Updated Java

-Closed my browser

-Opened a new browser (back to the page I was on)

-Sent labels to re-print.

What I got was the same applet as usual BUT only the top left corner of the label appears on the screen below and NOT on the area that's designated for the entire label to fit (the image that appears actually begins on the top right hand corner of the designated area). Oh...and my printer gives me an error message, each time. Gosh, I hope all that makes sense.

Anyway, I disabled the junk antivirus (Norton) which comes with the computer and tried to re-print. No luck. Same image appears (only a corner of the "sample" label).

I un-installed Java and tried to re-print. No luck. I'm prompted to install most recent version. Did so, AGAIN. Same image appears (only a corner of the "sample" label).

I downloaded the 32-bit AND the 64-bit Java update. No luck.

Oh, and I've used Firefox, IE, and Chrome, as well as switched out my label printer (in the event that it was a printer issue), still the same printer model, though (I have 2). Unfortunately, NOTHING I've tried has worked. I'm at my wit's end, especially because I can print just fine from another computer (which isn't mine) but CANNOT for the life of me get labels to print on this one.

Would someone PLEASE  shed some light on this? I'm stumped.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ShippingDoneCom
Contributor
Contributor

I can see a couple of things that you might want to check.

First, you say you're using a Brother QL-570 printer but PayPal only supports Brother QL-500 and QL-550 printers.  That's not necessarily a problem.  We use unsupported zebra printers but we have to install different printer model windows drivers to get them to work in PayPal.  In the old computer (the one that worked) find out exactly which printer driver windows is using for that printer and make sure windows on the new computer is using the exact same driver.

Second, check your default printing preferences for that printer in windows and make sure the correct paper size is listed as default.  In our situation the default zebra paper size is 4" x 2" and the java applet would only show part of the label as you state is part of your problem.  Once we change the default paper size to 4" x 6" we get the whole label.

This may not solve your problem but it doesn't hurt to check.  We've had similar issues in the past and it ended up being windows driver issues and not a Java issue.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

ShippingDoneCom
Contributor
Contributor

I can see a couple of things that you might want to check.

First, you say you're using a Brother QL-570 printer but PayPal only supports Brother QL-500 and QL-550 printers.  That's not necessarily a problem.  We use unsupported zebra printers but we have to install different printer model windows drivers to get them to work in PayPal.  In the old computer (the one that worked) find out exactly which printer driver windows is using for that printer and make sure windows on the new computer is using the exact same driver.

Second, check your default printing preferences for that printer in windows and make sure the correct paper size is listed as default.  In our situation the default zebra paper size is 4" x 2" and the java applet would only show part of the label as you state is part of your problem.  Once we change the default paper size to 4" x 6" we get the whole label.

This may not solve your problem but it doesn't hurt to check.  We've had similar issues in the past and it ended up being windows driver issues and not a Java issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.