I cannot verify my PayPal account because you can only link U.S. bank account!!!

mikeyyy
Contributor
Contributor

I live in Latvia and my PayPal nationality is Latvian, but when i click link/add new bank account it only allows adding U.S. bank account. I need to fully verify my PayPal account and adding bank account is last step of my verification process, but i cannot do it because i have Latvian bank account and i DO NOT live in USA. I am citizen of Latvia. So in order to have verified account and use PayPal on sites that require fully verified PayPal account, i need to have bank account of country where i do not live in? This is just ridicilous. If i won't find a way how to add my country's bank account to PayPal i will make admins manually verify my account because it's ridicilous!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikeyyy

You can't add a bank account in your country, only a card which i presume would verify your account.

The reason that the US bank account option is there is because paypal is a US company and so their account holders can add their bank accounts to any other countries paypal accounts if they are staying in that country.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikeyyy

You can't add a bank account in your country, only a card which i presume would verify your account.

The reason that the US bank account option is there is because paypal is a US company and so their account holders can add their bank accounts to any other countries paypal accounts if they are staying in that country.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mikeyyy
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass That is the awfull thing. I have Latvian account, but to have 100% verified account i need to add bank account, but they only allow adding U.S. bank account which i hate. PayPal has this bad feature that it allows some sites check if user's PayPal account is 100% verified, and many sites only send money to 100% verified accounts, but it means that only those who live in U.S. can get 100% verified account. PayPal needs to fix this.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikeyyy

Not true, i am in the UK and can add a bank account and so can lots of other countries eg Canada and most of the mainland European countries and Australia etc etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BigDaddy2015
Contributor
Contributor

Not true 100%. I'm from Indonesia. But I can verify my account with Credit Card. Yes, not all local bank support this but you may ask your local bank.

@mikeyyy wrote:

I live in Latvia and my PayPal nationality is Latvian, but when i click link/add new bank account it only allows adding U.S. bank account. I need to fully verify my PayPal account and adding bank account is last step of my verification process, but i cannot do it because i have Latvian bank account and i DO NOT live in USA. I am citizen of Latvia. So in order to have verified account and use PayPal on sites that require fully verified PayPal account, i need to have bank account of country where i do not live in? This is just ridicilous. If i won't find a way how to add my country's bank account to PayPal i will make admins manually verify my account because it's ridicilous!

Login to Me Too

You have to go to the correct PayPal... there is a different one for every country... I am guessing you are at PayPal.com Your internet browser should automatically do this for you based on where your IP adress is saying your located. Go to... https://www.paypal.com/lv/webapps/mpp/home

That's the correct PayPal you should be at.

Login to Me Too

mikeyyy
Contributor
Contributor

@LauranceStephen I have always been on my country's version of PayPal but when i checked page that @Kernowlass gave me, it turns out that my country banks are not supported. I find it inlogical that only people from biggest countries can do 100% verification. Some websites use one of PayPal's API feature that allows checking if user has done 100% verification, aka-added debit card, linked bank account and done other stuff. Linking bank account is last step for me to get rid of that message that asks me to fully verify my PayPal account, but i cannot link it because my country's bank accounts currently are not supported on PayPal. Like i said some websites require you to have FULLY verified PayPal account, which means 100% verified (added debit card and linked bank account too).

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

mikeyyy wrote:

Like i said some websites require you to have FULLY verified PayPal account, which means 100% verified (added debit card and linked bank account too).

@mikeyyy

It's my understanding that for many countries, adding a credit or debit card is all that is necessary to get a PayPal account verified. Have you actually received any communication from these websites telling you that your PayPal account is not 100% verified?

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

mikeyyy
Contributor
Contributor

@sandypurins Well, when i tried to add my PayPal account to one website where you can earn money by doing tasks and stuff, and when i logged in throught PayPal.com it showed that my account is not verified and i cannot add my PayPal account to that site which made me think that you need to have 100% verified PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@mikeyyy

Did the website tell you that your PayPal account is not verified?

After logging in to your PayPal account, use this link...

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_account-rep&mrep=1

...to see if PayPal considers your account to be verified.

What did it say?

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.