How do I close my account?

freid
Contributor
Contributor

I Have been with PayPal for 15 years, starting when it was part of eBay. It has been very useful for my transactions. But It's time I left. I do very little anymore (getting old and busy writing books) and it has change considerably in recent years. I don't transfer thousands of dollars so it is no longer a good fit for me. I will now try to find the place to close the account. Thanks for a great site and all the support over the years.

fr

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@freid

These steps apply to Personal PayPal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to your account to see the steps that apply to you.

If you close your PayPal account, it can’t be reopened. Any scheduled or incomplete transactions are canceled. You can’t close your account if there are limitations, unresolved issues, or a balance. Also, if you have an email address on your account that you haven’t confirmed, remove it from your account before you close it.

To close your account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the Profile icon next to "Log Out."
  3. Click Close your acccount under "Account options."

Make sure you remove all financial information ie bank account  /  cards before you close it.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.