Doomed to not have a business account?

bizacctmng
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I'm new. I recently created a business account but now I want to delete it. I sometimes do personal transactions and I can go back to a personal account ,PP said, but if I delete the business account I can't reopen it. I didn't know this when I signed up. So, if I delete and want to open up a business account later, I will have to take my business somewhere else. Comments?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately accounts are not deleted, only closed.

In the future, if you want to open a new Business Account, you can do that.

What works best is a new bank account, new credit card and new email address, all associated with the new business name.  That's what we did.

Our first business was a sole proprietorship.  We decided to change to an LLC.  We also changed our business name to better reflect what we did.  We closed our old business account and simply opened a new one with the new business name, bank account,  credit card and email address.   It took a week to verify both the bank account and credit card.  The process was smooth and we experienced no issues.  Been up and running since.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately accounts are not deleted, only closed.

In the future, if you want to open a new Business Account, you can do that.

What works best is a new bank account, new credit card and new email address, all associated with the new business name.  That's what we did.

Our first business was a sole proprietorship.  We decided to change to an LLC.  We also changed our business name to better reflect what we did.  We closed our old business account and simply opened a new one with the new business name, bank account,  credit card and email address.   It took a week to verify both the bank account and credit card.  The process was smooth and we experienced no issues.  Been up and running since.

Login to Me Too

bizacctmng
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I'm relieved.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.