Cannot change email address

vyt45
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

when I created my pp account I used an email that wasn't confirmed till now. I sold an item on ebay and now the funds are not being transfered because the email is not verified. The problem is that that email was on a domain which now expired and no longer accessible. I added another email and made it primary, but it still asks to verify the non existing email. What should I do? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vyt45

Ask the buyer what it says on his PayPal account next to the transaction.  If there is a cancel option ask him to cancel.

Then warn him it may take up to a week for the funds to return to his funding source and see if he is happy to pay again.

However you would need to invoice him from your verified email address as you can't change it on eBay post auction finishing. 

Then next time you list an item for sale make sure you change your email address in the PayPal box in the payment section during the listing process and that should then default to the new one after that. 

If your buyer can't cancel come back for more advice and if they don't want to go ahead off eBay if they can cancel then do a mutually agreed cancellation on ebay and re list with the right email address. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vyt45

Ask the buyer what it says on his PayPal account next to the transaction.  If there is a cancel option ask him to cancel.

Then warn him it may take up to a week for the funds to return to his funding source and see if he is happy to pay again.

However you would need to invoice him from your verified email address as you can't change it on eBay post auction finishing. 

Then next time you list an item for sale make sure you change your email address in the PayPal box in the payment section during the listing process and that should then default to the new one after that. 

If your buyer can't cancel come back for more advice and if they don't want to go ahead off eBay if they can cancel then do a mutually agreed cancellation on ebay and re list with the right email address. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vyt45
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response! Will try these steps 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.