How do I ship with tracking via paypal?

nannye
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sent to items shipping via paypal. I thought I did everything correctly. I shipped light packet (or small packet whatever it is) I was told that by shipping via paypal you would get free tracking for everything and didn't have to pay extra for tracking. I couldn't find the tracking number (i didn't look at the shipping laebel to make note of the number before I sent it as I assumed i would have a record of the number. So I'm not even 100% sure if it had a tracking number on it. When shipping the info said that my buyer would receive an email that their package had been shipped and they didn't.

Was I supposed to activate the tracking somehow? or was the info wrong and tracking isn't included on small packet?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

was told that by shipping via paypal you would get free tracking for everything and didn't have to pay extra for tracking

Where on earth did you hear that?? How can paypal get tracking for you as you are the one that sends the item.

When you pay via paypal postage you can SELECT to pay with tracking but that is up to you.

Or when you go to the post office you can ask for the item to be sent trackable but that again is up to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nannye
Contributor
Contributor

It says it on Paypal. track your shipment via paypal.

With PayPal Shipping You Can:

Create shipping labels with postage in just minutes Enjoy valuable discounts on select Canada Post domestic, US and international services Pay for shipping labels safely and conveniently using your PayPal account Print US and international shipping labels with the appropriate customs forms Track your package from your PayPal account Get a refund for misprinted shipping labels canceled with 24 hours Print Canada Post Flat Rate Box shipping labels, only available through PayPal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes you can track it if you pay for that tracking in the first place when you send the item and add the tracking number to your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

julesy123
Contributor
Contributor

ok so this is where i'm comfused too...I printed my label (royal mail small package) via paypal posted at postoffice,

on my paypal info there is this :

Track your delivery

PBAA045914600110

August 2016, Sent by RMG

so what does this mean? and how do I track it ?

Login to Me Too

solayala11
New Community Member

im guessing you sent first class right? YESSSSS it does include shipping. the tracking number is on the label when you print it out and if you have the payment history on your paypal to the item you sent it should say on the side "details" press details and the tracking number should be where it says "tracking info" dont listen to the other response. He doesnt have a clue! & yes if you paid the postage through paypal the tracking uploads automaticlly. If you paid outside of paypal you would have to enter it on your own pysically. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.