Canada Post shipping label printing problem

ClipHarness
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Got a problem recently when printing the shipping label : the label is very very small! I had to save it PDF then zoom it to 600% to appears good on paper... Anybody got this problem? This is occuring now from 3 weeks.

Here's a screen capture of the problem

Using Windows 7 64bits SP1 and Chrome 31.0.1650.26

Same problem with FireFox, and IE.

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

ClipHarness
Contributor
Contributor

A simple workaround :

When the second window opens (the one containing the small label), cut and past the URL into IE or another browser. The label should appear just fine.

Login to Me Too

Rivest266
New Community Member

Workaround: 

Print the label to your Microsoft XPS document writer as your printer, open it, take screenshot and print the screenshot on your regular printer (remember to keep it the same size). Works ok for me. 

Login to Me Too

bobos
Contributor
Contributor

I have similar problems printing Canada Post shipping labels from within Paypal.

I have a small network with different workstations attached.  All workstations use the same networked printer.  Here are my results from the different workstations when I attempted to reprint the same label from within Paypal.

1. Windows 8.1 64Bit - IE11 - Just headers and footers show up - no barcode or related text

2. Windows 8.1 64Bit  - Chrome - Label and related info print at a very reduced size

3. Windows Vista 32Bit - IE8 - Prints almost ok, but right side truncated 1/2" or so

4. Ubuntu 12.04 - Firefox - Works perfectly

Are these results consistent with what others are observing ?

Login to Me Too

TheScrub
Contributor
Contributor

Issue seems to be resolved!  I just printed a label using Chrome.  Let the group know if you get the same results.

Login to Me Too

Secondsilver
Contributor
Contributor

yup, seems to be resolved...finally!! I have printed on 2 separate occasions now and both worked via Chrome, no problems!!

Login to Me Too

maximal10
Contributor
Contributor

Tried to print shipping labels via paypal. using Firefox on a Linux based machine. popup window hangs and displays the message that the network connection was interruped while the page was loading. Not behind a firewall and everything on the network checks out. Used the shipping label creator 2 weeks ago with ease. Has something gone awry and no notice is being give?

Login to Me Too

happy888
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone noticed the shipping label looks completely different now?  It used to be bigger but now it's so much smaller.  Also the label looks so much different now.  It used to not display how much the label is, but now it has the amount of the label on it.

Login to Me Too

mereco
Contributor
Contributor

You will also notice that not only is the shipping label much smaller it also does not give the seller a Canada Post shipping reference number.

I don't know who's bright idea it was to change the design of the label but it is less convenient and does not serve the sender as good as the previous design and size.

When will Canada Post/PayPal learn that "If it's not broke don't try to fix it."

Login to Me Too

happy888
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, exactly!  Now the label does not have the Canada Post shipping reference number.  Is it Paypal or Canada Post that changed to this new design?  The label is now very very small and it is not as good as the old design.  Who can we ask about this?  thanks!

Login to Me Too

mereco
Contributor
Contributor

It does not make any difference regardless of who you try to contact. Each one will blame the other but the truth is Canada Post believes that as a Crown Corporation they can do whatever they want, and PayPal couldn't care less about problems its members are experiencing. That is the main reason neither of these huge profit seeking companies consulted with their customers before making changes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.