Canada Post shipping label printing problem

ClipHarness
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Got a problem recently when printing the shipping label : the label is very very small! I had to save it PDF then zoom it to 600% to appears good on paper... Anybody got this problem? This is occuring now from 3 weeks.

Here's a screen capture of the problem

Using Windows 7 64bits SP1 and Chrome 31.0.1650.26

Same problem with FireFox, and IE.

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

Secondsilver
Contributor
Contributor

Well apparently this has been going on for awhile!  Using Chrome, my label is the size of a large postage stamp.  I have reset my computer and printer, voided 2 labels and now after reading posts here I am going back 1 more time to see if I can print a correct size label via IE to solve the immediate issue.  

It would be nice if someone from Paypal actually read this and looked into it though....after all we do pay for their services!!

Of course since they do not refund immediately it will increase their revenues just before Christmas having all the voided unusable labels sitting in their bank accounts.

Just saying....

Login to Me Too

Secondsilver
Contributor
Contributor

***A heads up for those voiding labels you may also want to check out this posting about refunds NOT being issued.....

"Where is my Canada Post voided label refund after 19 calendar days?"
‎09-09-2013 06:49 PM

Login to Me Too

ijdistribution
Contributor
Contributor

same problem from 1 month ,nothing to do with that????

Login to Me Too

lupinglade

Here's a fix for chrome (use it with the Stylebot extension): http://stylebot.me/styles/4417

Login to Me Too

ian_parenteau
Contributor
Contributor

After using Chrome to print labels successfully for 7 years, I too had PayPal's Canada Post shipping labels show miniature and become useless since October 2013.  I installed StyleBot which allowed me to install the little fix code shown below.  Now my labels are printing in normal size instead of stupid little postage stamp size.  I don't want to be forced to install StyleBot to make Google Chrome again compatible with PayPal, instead PAYPAL SHOULD INCORPORATE THIS SIMPLE CODE INTO YOUR MAILING LABEL PRINT PREVIEW!!!!

div#image1 img {
    height: 100%;
    width: 100%;
}
Login to Me Too

TheScrub
Contributor
Contributor

@lupinglade wrote:

Here's a fix for chrome (use it with the Stylebot extension): http://stylebot.me/styles/4417

Hi, could you provide any information on using Stylebot for this issue?  What should users do after installing it?

Thanks for any assistance!

Login to Me Too

LipSerQc
New Community Member

@TheScrub wrote:

@lupinglade wrote:

Hi, could you provide any information on using Stylebot for this issue?  What should users do after installing it?

Thanks for any assistance!

You have to do these steps:  Stylebot Options / Styles / Edit Global Stylesheet / 

Write this 

div#image1 img {
    height: 100%;
    width: 100%;
}

Save and Enable Global Stylesheet. 

In my case this fixed the problem.

Login to Me Too

stilettos
New Community Member

Talked with Paypal this morning and they say the problem is between Java and Canada Post systems not on the same page.

I just ship direct thru Post and avoid the possible voids and waiting for credits.   I first had this problem in Dec 2013 and it was okay in 2014 until Dec 2014 and up to now.     Who knows what is the problem but here's my 2 cents.

Stilettos

Login to Me Too

gramada
Contributor
Contributor

I had so many issues printing labels so i don't know where to start from. I will give you the last one. I am entering 0.29kg weight and on the label was printed 0.7kg . Void the label and purchase another one-same issue. On the receipt i receive for the label is printed 0.29kg but on the label is 0.7kg .I used the second label and shipped the item. Now is the long wait for the refund-up to 30 days ????

Another one was the whole line from the address was missing- city and postal code. If you didn't fill up all required lines you can't print a label  and i did it correctly. How was this one printed?

Thank you Canada Post and thank you Paypal for the excellent service!

Login to Me Too

480johnn
New Community Member

Like ian_parenteau, I find it surprising that this Google Chrome label size problem with the Pitney Bowes interface has gone on for so long and has still not been addressed.

The first time it caught me unawares and I had to chase Paypal up when my voided label didn't produce a refund from Canada Post after 30 days.

The next time when I forgot my default browser was Chrome I was able to quickly paste the URL for the generated label in Safari's address line and immediately got the label in normal size.

It's too bad that so many ebay sellers have been getting frustrated with trying to fathom out what the cause is, and wasting time by going down dead-end alleys looking for a fix.

I have now permanently changed my default browser back to Safari to avoid the problem.

Isn't it in Google's own interest to have someone on this and get it resolved?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.