Buy Now button with flat-rate domestic AND international shipping charges

johnpurlia
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently developing an ecommerce site and have the need to set shipping charges on a per product basis. As I understand it, the standard Buy Now button will use my saved shipping rates unless these global settings are overridden by entering a specific shipping amount in PayPal's button generator interface. That all makes sense, except... The button generator takes only a single, flat, shipping amount which I assume is applied to a purchase regardless of whether the shipping location is domestic or international.

Is there a way to override the global shipping settings and specify values for both domestic and international shipments? For example, one product may cost $6 to ship domestically and $10 to ship internationally, while another may be $10 to ship domestic, but $20 to ship international. Assigning one flat rate to the entire globe seems wrong.

This seems like a really obvious thing for an ecommerce shop to do, bo my assumption is that I'm simply overlooking something very basic in the PayPal seller tools.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.