seller using bad tactics to get a change in feedback

daiseymae00
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a (used) product that was sent with the top jammed on and couldn't be removed.You were unable to use it in this condition.It was also full of animal hair and dirt. There was no way they didn't know it was defective! Not the pictured item I saw in the photo displayed. Seller says if I change my negative feedback they would refund my money. What use is the feedback if sellers can get by with this tactic? Is it condoned by Ebay?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daiseymae00

Why even think of changing the feedback.

Have you opened an Ebay dispute for 'item received but not as described'?

If you file a dispute and state its misdescribed then he still does not sort things you can escalate to a claim and Ebay will step in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

scparts
Contributor
Contributor

Have you opened a case in the resolution center?  Or done a return stating the item does not match description?  eBay doesn't necessarily know everything a seller does unless it is reported.  This would be feedback extortion and is not condoned by eBay but they won't know unless you tell them.  The bigger issue, as I see it, is that you need to open a case so that you can return the item and get your money back.  Go thru the resolution center on eBay and tell them what happened so you can get a refund.  You do not need to revise your feedback to get a refund on this item.  Your refund is not tied to your feedback at all, it is generally best to contact the seller when you have an issue and try to work it out, and reserve the feedback until you are absolutely done with the transaction.   If for whatever reason a case does not work out on eBay for you, you have a second option of filing thru PayPal, but if you choose to file thru PayPal first, you don't have the opportunity to file thru eBay, so go file thru the eBay resolution center first and take some pictures of the item to upload as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.