recieving Counterfiet items from Ebay - opened a Claim in PayPal

c-r-e
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a claim throught PayPal over some Under Armour Shoes I purchsed on Ebay

I let PayPal Know these are fake / counterfiet and all Pay Pal said is return them, at my cost, for a refund?? 

Im not asking for a refund because I dont want them, its besause the aucton stated the are Under Armour but they so fake 

I talked to Ebay they said since I opened a case with PayPal they cant do anything.

But they did say the way they handle Counterfiet items, is refund all the money and ask the buyer to show proof you destroyed the fake items ( since shipping counterfiet products is illegal)

Paypal doesnt seem to care about fraudulent sellers. If I return the Shoes they are just going to resell them, and nothing happend to the sellers, but Im out return shipping

So shouldnt PayPal just refund me and ask for proof of them being destroyed??

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@c-r-e

It would be unfair to any seller if a buyer could just say an item was fake and they did not have to return it.

Every buyer would do that if that was the case.

You needed to have got written proof from a company or shop that makes or sells the item OR trading standards to PROVE the items were fake.

If you can't do that then paypal treats it as an item received but not as described dispute and you are refunded on return of the item back to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

c-r-e
Contributor
Contributor

The seller said they are Under Armour China. I have called Under Armour, they don't have an Under Armour China

Seller shipped shoes from China and told me to ship back to them in Australia 

I don't think Paypal has a fraud department. If they do, they never transferred me to them?

Pay Pal never asked me for proof, I have many photos of authentic Shoes next to the fake ones. 

I opened a case and they went through the process really fast and just told me to send the shoes back at my cost. Thats it

So send fake shoes back to seller. I lose money shipping back and they resell them without getting in trouble for fraud

That's not how it should work

As of now the seller is not on EBay anymore

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

your pictures mean nothing,a signed letter from Under Armour or someone who represent UA would mean more on eaby but not on paypal.

Paypal would have to hire an army of experts to review PrADA,IBM,DELL,MSFT,coco chanel,louis vitton,Elvis,MM,Mickey Mouse,etc etc

Third party like Paypal has not seen what he sent and what you receive ,so to be fair ,sent it back,he gets his shoes back and you get your money back.

how you get it back is your business,no one forces you to buy from individuals ,you could have goneto a local store or legit US store.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal and Ebay are 2 different companies,so policy could differ.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

folks do not understand -

pAYPAL Is just a payment processor,it takes your payment and give it to the seller,

If you win a dispute,it can give you back your m oney,but it cannot force the seller to pay you for return shipping,it cannot take more $$ from his account,it is not the judge,even the judge ,if you win a case,it is up to you to collect the money.

But Ebay can throw its weight around as it is not short of sellers who want to sell on its site,if item not as described,Ebay will give you a domestic shipping label for return and once you used it,it will slap the postage fee to his seller account.

you dont even have to prove they are fake.

This works for domestic transaction,for foreign seller,EBAY either cannot or will not estimate how much it cost to return the item to his country as each country has its own rules in regards to customs duty,restriction and tarriff.

BuT IT will say seller should reimburse you for return shipping but does not enforce it.

so in the future,keep this in mind,what if it does not work,where should you return it and how much would it cost you to return it,this is one reasom not to buy from overseas sellers. or domestic sellers using foreign dropshippers.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.