ordered 2 items from different suppliers for home-made items not received

elizvanvalken
Contributor
Contributor

My son ordered two items to be made to specification from two different suppliers back in January. He's not heard from either of them since June (with promises of delivery within weeks of that date). He still wants the items, but is getting no response, so not ready to file a dispute. I see that PayPal says to file dispute within 60 days of transaction and it's obviously beyond that at this point, but items are made to his size so not expected to be delivered from stock. Can anyone tell us what the resolution system is like for this type of transaction should he eventually have to decide that he's not going to get either for some reason? If anyone has any suggestions to further urge suppliers to respond, that would be helpful also. He asked them each for update via email today again. I told him to wait a few days and be more forceful (but not wanting to compromise his orders) as in saying "how do we resolve this".

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@elizvanvalken

If you are in the US you have up to 180 days to file a dispute.

If you file a dispute you have up to 20 days to negotiate with the seller and then escalate to a claim anytime up to that 20 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if your son ordered and paid for in January,and now it is September,it is too late,180 days is the deadline for filing. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.