"Paypal" Email scam

RelatedTitle
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Recently I recived a "paypal" email saying that someone logged in to my account and I needed to verify it by entering personal information. I know this is a scam but I want to report it to the community. I recived the email from <removed> I already reported to google/gmail as a pishing email. I 'd like to report it to paypal and to the paypal Community.  For more information about the email please reply to me.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

gscarcel
New Community Member

It's gets even better than that. You recieve an email that states you charged something that you know was not by you. Then there is a support button that you can click to indicate that this is not a charge made by you. Next a dialog is displayed that looks like the official PayPal login. After logging in you are presented with a set of dialogs that ask for a lot of personal information "just to verify that this is your account". DO NOT enter any of that info. The scam is to make it look like your disputing a charge that was never made, just to get your personal info. I'm tech savy and almost fell for this con game. I then immediately changed my password.

Login to Me Too

RelatedTitle
Contributor
Contributor

Don't worry I did not fall for it I was just reporting it also I went on the "paypal" site and added random info there to waste the scammers's time

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.