Watch out for Nigerian scammers

astromathews

I recently sold a blazer (or so i thought) on ebay and I got this reply with an unusal first and last name. The guy didn't make a payment right away and I didn't know why but then I get a message from ebay saying this item was canceled, which threw me off. I later got an email saying to email ther person the confirmation number of the item and the condintion of it. This very unsual at first because I never email anyone off ebay about transactions. Here are emails sent that were sent to me. You can make out the scamScreen Shot 2017-04-04 at 2.17.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-04 at 2.18.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-04 at 2.18.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-04 at 2.17.59 PM.png

Overall, this guy almost got away with his scam but i managed to stop it before it escalated an further. If you're on ebay and you

receive this type of email block and report it. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@astromathews

Scams been ongoing for at least 15 years and is all over  the internet and this forum, glad you were not caught out.

The golden rules are  >>

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg western union / moneygram.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.