Confirmed Phishing Email

ncpanther
New Community Member

accepted an offer from an ebay buyer who had a US address. the buyer then used ebay to request my contact info. he then texted me asking to ship to the scam capital of the world, Nigeria. i text back that i was not sending the item internationally and contact me via ebay or i would cancel the order. still giving the bloodsucker the benefit of the doubt. i then emailed the buyer via ebay. no reply but the buyer then called me from a 517 area code same number as the text. i did not answer. i cancelled the order. tonight received an email from <removed>. if you open the details of the email it is from <removed>. the email suggests that i have a pending payment from the buyer that is contingent on me clicking a link and entering tracking information for the item shipping to a nigerian address. i forwarded the email to spoof@paypal.com. they confirmed it as a phishing scam, im posting my experience so new users or users who have never seen this before can be aware. the email used my full name. kind of scary considering ebay provided the information to the bloodsucker. he was able to exploit a loophole in ebay because the ebay user seems to have seemingly legitimate transactions at some point. i had over a 1000 fraudulently charged to my paypal card last christmas so i hate scammers. hopefully this is helpful to someone and prevents people from falling into this scam. oh he also tried to request one cent from my paypal account. its one cent but its a feeler to see if he could get any amount of money.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.