Beware: Phishing, Fraud, PayPal User

Mfox239
New Community Member
Hi, Just want to let you be aware of a scammer. I had shoes listed on eBay before being emailed by a UK eBay User: ‘cleanerguy61’ , who offered me £40 and £20 postage to post them to his ‘cousin in Nigeria’ I thought little of it at first and ended the listing. I then gave him my email address (to send the money too) but was then emailed by ‘victoriaphilomena1 @ hotmail com’ who gave me the Nigerian address etc to send the shoes too, she said I’d be given the money into my account when I sent the tracking to her - which I did. Then she replied saying the funds have been withdrawn from her account etc and are en route to my PayPal, I then got an email from scammers pretending to be PayPal ‘service @ paypal.com’ saying I need to send Victoria £130 in order to ‘expand’ my PayPal account - I know lol. Then the £190 would be immediately returned. Obviously this is a pathetic attempt of getting money but I wanted to let you users be aware of the Ebayer, the PayPal account & Victoria .. who are all presumably the same person. I feel stupid enough for even going along with it to begin with but the offer for the shoes was good so I went ahead. Fortunately I didn’t even post the shoes, but I still wasted £10 or whatever the postage was, which is a shame.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mfox239

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

However its best not to name and shame on here as these scammers use hijacked ebay i.d's and you may well be posting an innocent persons ebay i.d. on this public board who is trying to recover their ebay account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.