Uploading supporting documents for claim

tdslab
New Community Member

I am in the middle of a claim process right now.  When PayPal requested information from me, I tried four times to submit a description (four complete restarts followed by "submit") and each was rejected as "cannot be processed".  I finally contacted PayPal by phone for the third time and gave them information verbally.  That resulted in a one line entry in the dispute comments and no uploaded documentation.  The claim is now being "reviewed" without any documentation on my part and there is no way to upload any supporting documents.  The instructions given on the site refer to options and links that don't even exist.

Is there any way to send documents to PayPal?  Apparently many others have had this same problem.  This case involves over $2000 and I cannot afford to just chalk it up to experience.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

estebannn
New Community Member

Same problem. I just used the above mentioned link and manage to upload my document (a pdf containing screenshots regarding Claim - #PP-005-886-966-641 ). The problem now is that the upload has not been linked to the the claim case in the resolution center section. Please advise. 

Login to Me Too

jjsupreme

Link provided DOES NOT WORK!!! The following message

@PayPal_Susie wrote:

Hello tdslab,

Thank you for joining us here in the community. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble uploading your document. Please use this link to upload it to your account instead, http://bit.ly/12QaJNf

-Susie

The link above DOES NOT WORK!! The following message greets those who click on it: 

"You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks."

Login to Me Too

Doonie
Contributor
Contributor

These instructions provided by PP to upload a document in support of a claim are clearly incorrect and this is known to PP. In my experience there is no opportunity at the commencement of a dispute (the logical point in time) to upload any documentation, nor there is any opportunity once the dispute is open. Despite this, PP states:

"How do I provide additional information or evidence to help resolve a dispute or claim?

Yes, you can send us a fax or upload your information to the Resolution Center.

To upload your information to the Resolution Center:

1. Go to the Resolution Center through the notifications link.
  2. Click Resolve next to the claim. *author  I do not see any such Resolove Button
  3. Click Resolve Complaint on the Claim Details page.
  4. Select I will provide other evidence for this dispute by fax, file attachment, or note and click Continue.
  5. Click Browse and find the file you want to attach.
  6. Click Open.
  7. Enter a brief description (up to 100 characters).
  8. Click Upload File.
  9. When you’ve attached all of your files, click Send Files.

You can upload up to 10000kb."

As noted, the "Resolve" button is not visible. I suggest PP modify the dispute process to allow complainants to add docs when opening a dispute or at any time prior to a final decision. By PP providing misleading or false information about the process makes me feel as if I am purposely  being misdirected.

Login to Me Too

HasinaDHanji
New Community Member

I'm also having a similar problem. I have an open claim with a buyer - i haven't been able to access the claim in the resolution centre for the past 2 days. 

Now I can see it i have tried 5 times to upload documents, restarting my machine, tried 2 browsers (google chrome and safari) and still just get an error message. 

I can't get through to anyone to speak to on the phone - if there is a telephone number please share! I just get the endless automated message. 

I'd really apreciate the guidance - this has been so stressful and I'm discouraged from ever selling anytihgn via paypal again. 

Thank you all! 

Hasina

Login to Me Too

blueisis02
Contributor
Contributor

Once you log into PayPal, scroll to the bottom of the page and click contact us. It will give you a phone number:

Go to https://www.paypal.com/help and click "Call Us" (if calling from outside the U.S.)
tel:Go to https://www.paypal.com/help and click "Call Us"
Customer service hours
Mon-Fri 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM PT
Sat-Sun 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM PT

For calls about Limitations, PayPal Debit Card, and Business Support:
Mon-Fri 5:00 AM to 8:00 PM PT
Sat-Sun 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM PT

it will also give you a code that's valid for 60 minutes that you will need to say or enter when you call in.

PayPal Credit Customer Service1-866-528-3733
Customer service hours
Mon-Fri 5:00 AM to 8:00 PM PT
Sat-Sun 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM PT
Login to Me Too

SF666DUDE
Contributor
Contributor

My issue has been resolved by shaming Paypal via the merchant that i had an issue with.....BUT. COME ON - do we really need to take 5 steps to get help ......5 steps?   Which at the end of the day LET ME REMIND EVERYONE.....investigation dept does not work as closely as they should with the customer service dept.  Meaning  you uploading anything doesn't mean that it will necessarily get into the right hands so you might have to upload something several times and write attention dept xyz  ..... it still doesn't mean that it will get there. I am furious with my time being waisted doing all the work  that supposedly Paypal is to do on your behalf.   But briefly  it was irrelevant for them of what information I was showing them from a shipping company it was irrelevant because the merchant was not up-to-date with the facts and so what they were showing Paypal was an old incorrect information from the shipping company so it was about six or seven days that everyone finally was on the same page and then  finally Paypal agreed to conclude the case on my behalf based on the information that I had been given them for six days.   My conclusion with this experience is the following: if you re  having issues  with the shipping company, like I was, only work with the merchant. Paypal will not cannot at all really help you the way you deserve to be helped.  Good luck to everyone

Login to Me Too

normaglugo

Hola, necessitaria codigo para habiliTar mi tarjeta para el cobro de una venta.

Norma.jpg

Login to Me Too

normaglugo

Norma.jpg7/3

Tarjeta: <removed>
23/01/17 SU PAGO EN PESOS 4498,0023/
01/17 SU PAGO EN USD 845,3306/
02/17 SU PAGO EN PESOS 1921,0017/
04/16 WWW.FRAVEGA.COM C.11/12 004682* 1041,58
30/04/16 ACCENTO C.10/12 000206* 95,00
19/08/16 GRAELLS NELSON C.07/12 003451* 400,00
12/09/16 MUSIMUNDO CARSA C.06/06 005750* 499,83
11/01/17 WWW.MERCADOPAGO.COM C.02/03 009279* 628,66
20/01/17 BLAZE PIZZA #1101 USD 36,53 816116 36,53
20/01/17 APPLE STORE #R143 USD 318,44 952305 318,44
21/01/17 COSMIC RAY'S STARLI USD 45,76 242123 45,76
21/01/17 313 MAIN
ST STARB USD 31,98 245112 31,98
Sucursales y Cajeros | Ayuda | Contáctenos
Inicio Cuentas Tarjetas Inversiones Pagos y Transferencias Préstamos Club Patagonia Otros
Pagos Débitos Automáticos Solicitudes Resumen Electrónico
LUGO, NORMA GRACIELA 07/03/17 03:38 pm
Tarjetas > Resumen Electrónico
7/3/2017 HBPatagonia

Login to Me Too

jjsupreme
Link does not work!!!
Login to Me Too

reyerbrandt
Contributor
Contributor

For over an hour, I've been trying to upload files that include photos and other documents to help substantuate a dispute I have with a seller. I understand from the page that you can upload .pdf, .jpg or .gif files smaller than 4MB. Which I have PAINSTAKINGLY done, but no success. After all, 4MB is awfly tiny and there is no way anyone could even identify what I'm trying to send. So what's the point sending something that no one can read?

As I mentioned, I've been at this for over an hour and even made 4 phone calls to Paypal, only to be connected to an automated voice at the other end that gives you the run-around. Now after my fifth call, after trying again to talk to a REAL person, I'm told that someone will return my call in 45 minutes and that I won't lose my place in-line. REALLY?

Look, it's frustrating enough that I must file a dispute in order to protect myself. But it's even more fustrating for a customer to have to go through this crummy ordeal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.