Uploading supporting documents for claim

tdslab
New Community Member

I am in the middle of a claim process right now.  When PayPal requested information from me, I tried four times to submit a description (four complete restarts followed by "submit") and each was rejected as "cannot be processed".  I finally contacted PayPal by phone for the third time and gave them information verbally.  That resulted in a one line entry in the dispute comments and no uploaded documentation.  The claim is now being "reviewed" without any documentation on my part and there is no way to upload any supporting documents.  The instructions given on the site refer to options and links that don't even exist.

Is there any way to send documents to PayPal?  Apparently many others have had this same problem.  This case involves over $2000 and I cannot afford to just chalk it up to experience.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_Susie
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello tdslab,

Thank you for joining us here in the community. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble uploading your document. Please use this link to upload it to your account instead, http://bit.ly/12QaJNf

Here's more information about uploading files and documents to PayPal:

• Give the file a recognizable name.
  • The name should include no more than 3 numbers.
  • You can provide a description of the file you are sending, up to 100 characters.
  • Information that you upload appears in the Attachments box. You can preview the file or delete it from there.
  • You can attach multiple files, up to a total file size of 2000kb, using these file formats: gif, jpg, pdf, or png.

If you have troubles, please let us know.

-Susie

Login to Me Too

inged1976
New Community Member
Hi Susie I used your link to upload files for a case. When I called PayPal, they stated nothing was received. Is the link still valid? What am doing wrong? I sent mainly pictures. Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi inged1976 -

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community!

There are a couple of possible reasons this may not be working, but I assure you the link still works perfectly.

One is that, while you may have uploaded the documents, did you hit the actual Upload button? That's a common thing that people miss. 🙂

Second, that link will upload documents to your individual account, however not necessarily to a specific case. So you may need to provide that distinction when you call customer service.

Third, provided you uploaded them correctly, it could be that the issue you're trying to resolve (whatever it may be) isn't associated with your actual account. There are instances where our systems will create other 'accounts' for you - basically if you have ever checked out as a guest and entered your credit card number it's likely that our system created a separate 'account' for that transaction. If the issue is on one of these 'accounts', but you uploaded your documents to your actual PayPal account, whomever you're speaking with may have missed that connection. So they're there, just not where anyone is expecting them.

Hope that helps a bit in giving you some possible avenues to pursue. 🙂

- Andy

Login to Me Too

sorsborn
Contributor
Contributor
The box that says we can upload things doesn't work for me either. It's now Sept 2016. It would just erase my whole page when I tried to add my photos so I eventually gave up and filed a claim without supporting documents praying to God that they ask me for photos because I have a lot of proof from the damage. I don't understand why this has to be so difficult. Paypals link must not be working properly, which is frustrating.
Login to Me Too

swamp_the_drain
Contributor
Contributor

I've got exactly the same problem, tried to file a claim for a faulty item, with a ton of supporting email from the vendor where he admits it's faulty, and after about an hour of messing around that always ended in "We're sorry, something went wrong. Please try again" resorted to filing it manually.  There's now a partially-incorrect claim filed with zero supporting documentation, the upload instructions in the Paypal help refers to page elements that don't exist, and the link provided by PayPal_Susie doesn't actually allow you to attach documents to your claim.  It's like the whole disputes process has been deliberately designed to fail at every possible opportunity, to make sure that Paypal never has to take any action over a dispute.

Oh, and when I try to paste text into here with Ctrl-V, I get a popup telling me that I need to use Ctrl-V to paste text, but nothing is pasted.  Does anyone at Paypal ever actually try to use this site to get anything done?  Half the things on it don't even work as required.

Login to Me Too

leinadjp
New Community Member

im having a problem uploading supporting documents for my case. the deadline is tomorrow oct, 28. the "upload file" link takes me to a blank page. then when i try to use the "tell us more" link to manually type the tracking number im getting the following error for the past 3 days:

Your information didn't go through due to technical issues. Please try again later.

Login to Me Too

SF666DUDE
Contributor
Contributor

Arrogant and Ignorant and very much out of touch with real people type  Answer 

Too Many Incorrect Assumptions 

We the users are not stupid.  

We know which button to push to upload 

we know how to complete the upload

I am MAD cause about 6 days ago following up wirh a case, my supportting documents appeared that they had been uploaded 

1. No one would tell me if they in any of the departments working on my case actually received it or see it 

2. And the instructions and options of how to upload is outdated

3.  Why in the heck dont you have  this option of uploading supporting documents on the same page where we are initiating opening up a case? why is it hidden?

My case is resolved at this point but to this day, about  a week later I still don't know if anyone ever received the uploaded documents,  apparently they did that's how the case finally was resolved but still no one would admit to it which makes me  frustrated for  if I were to do this again for another case I still don't know how to do it or if my process was correct or not

Login to Me Too

sheepbig
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Paypal_Andy I now encountered with the third situation as you described. I checked out as guest account so that I can't view my claim case or upload files as evidences. I already sent file to link: il/uploaddoc However, it seems that paypal have not received it yet. What should i do now to send file to Paypal? Or send email with attachments via email: complaint-response/paypal.com is accepted
Login to Me Too

sheepbig
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Paypal_Andy
I now encountered with the third situation as you described. I checked out as guest account so that I can't view my claim case or upload files as evidences. I already sent file to link: il/uploaddoc
However, it seems that paypal have not received it yet. What should i do now to send file to Paypal? Or send email with attachments via email: complaint-response.paypal.com is accepted
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.