Unhappy with Resolution Center

Nate9k9
Contributor
Contributor

Sold A jacket on Ebay. Customer receives the jacket and is unhappy because it does not fit files complaint with PayPal “item not as described”, because it did not fit them.   I figure the complaint will go no where.  The item (xl jacket) was described perfectly, with pictures.  The manufactures tag clearly said XL, with picture.  It had been my jacket and I wear a XL and it fit me fine.  Well, PayPal rules for the buyer. I am stunned and request the details used to come to that decision. I repeatedly get the patent answer “we have reviewed the case and found for the buyer”. I finally call the customer service desk and get a human being on the phone.  They pull up the case and ask if I had submitted any evidence to support my case, other than my email responses.  I realize at this point that no one at Paypal had reviewed the Ebay listing which was available to them. The customer service rep was good enough to pull up the Ebay listing with pictures and compare it against the complaint, along with my email responses to Paypal. Her conclusion was Paypal had made a mistake but she was not authorized to change the decision. She forwarded her finding to someone who could reverse the decision.  To date no response or reversal.  I’m out the Paypal fees, my time and what should have been auction payment.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

the clothing does not fit her,we all have different body shapes,she will have to return the item in same condition with tracking to get her refund.

you are lucky she did not file on EBay,else you pay return shipping.

when she returned the item,Paypal will refund its part of the fee and you go to Ebay and cancel the order to get your ebay fee back.

and relist.

Login to Me Too

Nate9k9
Contributor
Contributor

The item was marked as XL, I wear an XL and it fit me fine. The Ebay listing said no returns accepted. According to papal rules the fact the item didn’t fit like the buyer wanted is not grounds for returning. The item was described accurately.

Login to Me Too

lanthrax
Contributor
Contributor

use the no return option on ebay

Login to Me Too

Nate9k9
Contributor
Contributor

I did use the no returns option and Paypal disregarded it.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

item not as described trump seller no return,worse,if you keep insisting no return,ebay will allow the buyerto keep the item and his money as no return of an item not as described mean you dont want it back.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there are some dishonest sellers who would ship defective items or wrong item or a box of rocks ,so if they have no return,it means the buyer is stuck with worthless items.

ebay is a flea market ,you know that.

Login to Me Too

Nate9k9
Contributor
Contributor

I am not dishonest. The item was correctly described in word and pictures. The buyer was unhappy about how the jacket fit. That is not my problem nor is it, according to Paypal rules, justification for returning the item.  Paypal has failed to use due diligence in reviewing this case. They did not consider all the information available to them.  You appear to be a Paypal does no wrong member.  Please don’t bother relying anymore. I have no value for your pro Paypal views

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you are saying just because you describe it correctly,the buyer must keep the item.

then you should not sell on Ebay and not use paypal as payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.