Unauthorized direct debit

JoanneHine
Contributor
Contributor
I was recently charged a £100 direct debit from my personal bank account to PayPal. I have gone through all my transactions and can't find anything that would have prompted this payment. My bank are issuing me a refund as it has left my account overdrawn and they can't tell me why this payment was taken. I also can't report it to PayPal as there's no transactions on my account. Surely this is fraud?
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What were the details of the bank account record?

Login to Me Too

JoanneHine
Contributor
Contributor

"ORIGINATOR NAME ADDRESS ORIGINATOR CONTACT NAME ADDRESS 1: MAUREEN <removed> NAME: MAUREEN <remvoved> (320B) 2: JPMC RE: PAYPAL INTL LTD 1: J P MORGAN CHASE BANK 3: EMEA BRANCH SUPPORT 2: EMEA BRANCH SUPPORT 4: 320B JP MORGAN 3: CHASESIDE 5: CHASESIDE BOURNEMOUTH 4: BOURNEMOUTH 6: BH7 7DA 5: DORSET BH7 7DA TEL: 01202343491 FAX: 01202343100 This is what the bank gave me.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When you look at your bank account details online, there should be something about the transactions.

Login to Me Too

JoanneHine
Contributor
Contributor

That's the thing, there was no other information about the transaction. All it said was PayPal D/D. The bank couldn't tell me what it was for when I spoke to them which is why they issued me a refund. I've spoken to PayPal and they were no help either, just seems like they have taken money (which I didn't have in my account to begin with) jus because! 

Login to Me Too

dustanddance
New Community Member

Hello, 

Did you get to the bottom of this? I have found 8 transactions as DD out of my bank account through paypal. The bank gave me a phone number from the transaction when I called them and googling it brought up this thread! I am on the phone to paypal now. 

Please let me know if you got to the bottom of it as I have no idea what these transactions are and Paypal dont even seem to be able to see them!

Many thanksm=,

Claire 

Login to Me Too

KGale

Hi Clare,

I have also had the same problem today. I have noticed 3 transactions on my account as a DD to paypal but when I called them earlier they couldn't see these on my account.

Did you get through to them?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

just because you found the name Paypal on your statement,it does not mean it is coming from Paypal.

Like this one you show us-PAYPAL INTL LTD.

thats not Paypal.

(if I am a crook merchant who accept credit card payments,I can sit in my backroom and manufacture charges with names like Paypal whopburger,PAYPAL love me tender,Ebay fragrance ltd,and hope you folks who buy mucho online using Paypal and Ebay wll think it is legit transactions.)  

Login to Me Too

mutley_uk
New Community Member

I found a payment for £546 on my PayPal account to eBay fees, when questioned eBay said it was not them and no money would be taken from thier side. PayPal set up a unauthorised activity but found no wrongdoing so closed down the case. Two days later my bank account was £546 less. My bank account checked at it was a DD to Someone called Moreen ********* of JP Morgan in Bournemouth via eBay fees. Lucky my bank reimbursed me, but worry to say PayPal was a waste of space.

Login to Me Too

annaraha
New Community Member

Hi, I found a similiar transaction on my bank statement to the same person, Moreen. 

I tried ringing them and they said they cannot help me with my paypal enquiry. 

Did you file a claim with your bank or did you ask paypal to refund you? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.