Shocked & Broken - Sad day for sellers in the PayPal world

myscentsei
Contributor
Contributor

I am a power seller  and I have been using PayPal for quite a while now. Never really needed seller protection until now and I was completely let down. 

A buyer opened a case that was initially stating that the products were tampered with, so paypal put payment on hold. Three days later the buyer emailed me that he would settle with a partial refund as he mention verifying that both product were real.  Then a week later buyer stated that everything is fake and he would call the FBI on me with all letters in cap and exclamations. 

I provided paypal with three forms of proof to state my case

1. screed shots of the buyer changing his story 3 times

2. receipts of the products proving they were purchase from reputable dealers

3. actual video of me packing the products clear as day showing the envelope with label of the buyers name, address and tracking(signature confirmation). Footage shows me packing and taping the envelope shut. 

Not only three forms of proof were provided but the package shipped with tracking and signature confirmation and guess what? In the end, none of the proof provided even mattered.  The buyer apparently contacted his "financial institution" and they apparently reversed the payment in favor of the buyer, no questions asked.  Seller protection should have been put into effect but no. Sellers have no protection no matter how much proof they have. 

Today, after 3 weeks being patient and confident that my proof will show that common sense still exist, today being the last business day of the week (FRIDAY) during the end of the business day (6:45ish EST), PayPal decided to reverse a payment in favor of the buyer (buyer now has the property and payment). Finalizing the reversal during the end of day, last business day so that I am unable to reach out to them makes it obvious they were expecting to hear from me. 

PayPal did not even tell the buyer to return the product first (the way it suppose to be, especially with the amount of proof I provided), wait for it to reach the sellers hands so that then the seller can confirm whether it is the actual product as seen in listing or described in description and/or video taped. Its only right that the products be returned exactly the way it was shipped to the buyer, so that the refund can be provided.  That was not the case here. 

Here is a lesson for all sellers. Do not bother providing proof when it comes to payment reversals. Especially cases where the buyer provides various accusations that change day by day. Or especially when you have video that suppose to put PayPal's common sense to work. Just be quiet, cross your fingers and pray you don't get shafted like I did because SELLER PROTECTION is 100% obsolete.  

Now I have to take an even bigger hit as I am putting it in the hands of a lawyer. PayPal should pay for my legal fees. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.