Resolution centre case wont close

znite
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I cancel a case via close case -> select 'I have received a refund for my item' (and I've tried every other option). No errors, but I'm taken back to https://www.paypal.com/disputes and no status updates to my case. This is actually blocking my refund - the vendor cant even do anything until it is resolved. 
I logged an email support request over 24 hours ago, no response. 

It's all incredibly slow - slower than was in the 90s. No wonder ebay ditched it! 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@znite

Your seller is trying to scam you I suspect.

An open dispute DOES NOT stop or block a refund.

If you close the dispute then your seller can ignore you and refuse to refund as you can't re-open a dispute OR open a second one.

If she issues a refund then it automatically closes the dispute.

If I were you I would escalate to a CLAIM for Paypal to resolve for you and if you have already done so then WAIT the 10 - 12 days for Paypal to sort a refund for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

znite
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure what happened to my previous response. 

I'm in direct contact with vendor, the executive support department of a major UK company - they've replaced a missent item with the correct one and this is a partial refund - I believe them more than paypal. This doesnt resolve my issue - this is a major fault with paypal, I cant close the issue, I've spent over an hour on it as paypal is so slow, and no response whatsoever from paypal support. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@znite

Your welcome, glad you appreciated me taking the time to 'try' and help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

znite
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate the effort, however this is clearly a bug report on paypal themselves - if anyone has any ideas of a way around this major fault with paypal, then please let me know. I'm not sure why this isnt a high priority or getting any attention of paypal themselves! They've since responded to my email with a 'how to' on closing disputes - very frustrating! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.