Refund from Unauthorized Transaction

charlesvallena
Contributor
Contributor

Earlier this morning, I was charged by Envato Pty Ltd for products/services that I don't own.  I don't have an Envato Account, that's why I'm wondering why they charged me for over $450. I don't wish to be connected with Envato. Clearly,this is a case of Unauthorized Transaction. Will I get a Refund from this?

@PayPal_Adrian --badly and urgently need your help sir. 

I contacted envato and here's their response:

"If this is the case, we suggest you to contact PayPal.com immediately and inform them of this fraudulent activity so they can stop any further payments. Unfortunately we cannot stop any future payments to our website if the fraudster already has your credit card or PayPal details, as PayPal is our payment gateway/provider. If they are alerted, then they can stop any future payment from that account."

Thanks

-Charles

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No one can say whether you will get a refund or not, if its genuinely unauthorised ie your paypal account was hacked and used without your consent then you should be covered.

File a claim and paypal will let you know.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

charlesvallena
Contributor
Contributor

I already sent a dispute complain-- but I still got no response.. 😞  Though it's still not 24 hours, but I'm worried if I'll get my refund.

Login to Me Too

Banjo1
New Community Member

Did you get your refund?

Envato helped themselves to 300USD out of my PayPal account this week under identical circumstances, the interest shown by PayPal, Envato and my bank so far has been underwelming.

Envato cannot cop out, the purchaser may be guilty of theft but they received the stolen money.

A criminal offence last time I looked at the law.

Login to Me Too

Kormos
New Community Member

I had the same issue and PayPal just completed 5 refund in under 30 minutes.  Phone them next time.

Login to Me Too

Imelhime
New Community Member
I experienced the same things, 3 times in a row in a day. 2 from Envato, 1 from Udemy. It happened in 19 June 2017. I already changed my password and reported to paypal as unauthorized transactions but until today (8 days) they still checked and the decision has not been made out yet. I'm from Indonesia and find some difficulties to speak English if i have to phone paypal directly besides the international call would be very costly for me..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.