PayPal.me scam?

kiml
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like a scam ... haven't seen any traffic on it. Is it new? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kiml
Contributor
Contributor

I find the fact that they created a new web site PayPal.me a bit disconcerting ... looks a lot like a phishing attack. But alas, it does come up as a secure PayPal US site and it seems to link back to PayPal itself ... so here's hoping I didn't just hand the keys to the kingdom to some scammer ...

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

local198
New Community Member

there's nothing on the PayPal website?

but it looks like they tweeted about it 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kiml
Contributor
Contributor

I find the fact that they created a new web site PayPal.me a bit disconcerting ... looks a lot like a phishing attack. But alas, it does come up as a secure PayPal US site and it seems to link back to PayPal itself ... so here's hoping I didn't just hand the keys to the kingdom to some scammer ...

Login to Me Too

NyoX
New Community Member

@kiml wrote:

When you say you hope you didn't give some scammers the key to the kingdom, please tell me what scammers you were speaking about. I just signed up for something that had me create this account, and I was thinking the exact same thing!!! Please let me know how it turned out, and if you regret making this decision.

Login to Me Too

CoolDrones
New Community Member

Paypal.me is not a scam, thankfully. I have indeed created my own paypal.me link using the offical paypal site and tested it, it works perfect. Its pretty easy to make aswell

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.