Poor effort by PayPal to resolve disputes...

Mdkelly73
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered software from Acrok to rip DVDs I had previously purchased so they could be uploaded to by iTunes account.  The website boasted a 30 day money back guarantee.  The software and it's abilities weren't as advertised, so I contacted Acrok to get my money back.  After (4) unsuccessful attempts to reach customer service, I contacted PayPal to open a dispute and get my refund.  I supplied all the data to PayPal, including a screen shot from the website detailing the 30 day money back guarantee.  PayPal attempted to contact Acrok, the time period expired without a response and then PayPal simply closed my claim with no resolution.  Not only did they close my claim unsuccessfully, they failed to even inform me the claim was closed.  It wasn't until I logged in (2) days later I discovered the information.  In the past when I've used a credit card such as AMEX and others, they've done an amazing job of resolving disputes.  PayPal put no effort into the process and certainly didn't advocate on my behalf when the merchant clearly stated a money back guarantee.  If you truly want protection for your purchases, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

iHateit
Contributor
Contributor

Im dealing with something similar. Makes me not want to do  business with PayPal anymore.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.