Please answer this question!!

recees510
New Community Member

Ok..... How do you prevent someone filing a dispute after selling them tickets after they attend the event? As in...... I sell you 4 tickets to the National Championship Football game for $10,000 and you pay me through PayPal. Then after the game, I log into PayPal and see that there is a dispute and the buyer is trying to say that the tickets did not work at the event and they could not attend. It's a lie because they were good tickets but how do I prove this? Someone explain the whole dispute thing when it comes to tickets please!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's just part of the risk of selling high value items to unknown customers.

How did you delivery the tickets?  Do you have online tracking to show they were delivered?

As for the dispute you need to respond to the dispute through PayPal and provide PayPal with any evidence possible to refute the dissute claim and just stick to the facts from your end.

Can you actually prove they were good tickets?

Can you prove the tickets did not work for the buyers?  Can you prove that they did work at time of attempted use?

Selling tickets is extremely high risk for the seller; selling high price tickets is even higher risk.

PayPal provides seller protection for proven delivery and that's about it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.