play-asia ripped me off

playasiaripedme
Contributor
Contributor

Of the 3 games i ordered and paid for with paypal, 1 of them wasnt part of wht they sent out, when they emailed me the invoice. So i emailed them asking if the game was instock or if i could get a refund back to my PP acc. And they replied same day conferming tht the game wasnt instock and offered me either a PP refund or store credit. all this was on 31dec and i replied back asking for PP refund 2am 1jan, they replied 7hrs later conferming my decision.

so by 8pm 4jan i just got **bleep** and filled a dispute, woke up the next morning at 8am to a email saying they would refund me as soon i canceled my dispute, cause im a dummie i did so and replied back to inform them at 11:40am, welp its 8pm now and just zilch, and fyi ilive in their hong kong timezone so its not like their customer service reps werent on duty at the time. and yes the other 2games came in perfect unopened condition yesterday, its fedex after all, do note they only shipped it out on 30dec(hence my email to them abt the mising game on 31dec) even though i paid them on 21dec.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You cancelled the dispute; that's the end of the process.  PayPal is no longer involved.  You're on your own.

Well, if you protected yourself, as you should, with a credit card payment, then you get a second chance.

Login to Me Too

playasiaripedme
Contributor
Contributor

they just sent me this 30min ago: Thank you for getting back to us. We have forwarded this to our accounting
team and they tried to refund your excess payment back to your account,
however, they are unable to do so as a dispute with PayPal is still active
for this order (insert playasis ordernumber here). Please note that our accounting team is unable to
perform a refund as it blocks our system from modifying your account. In
this case, we suggest you close the case first so we can proceed. Once
done, provide us with the PayPal case number so we can check it with our
accounting team. Thank you and we will wait for your response. 

whttehheck, resolution center shows it's status as case closed. and i cant open another dispute.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Give the merchant the "closed" PayPal case number and tell them that the case is closed, to please send refund of the unshipped game.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

playasiaripedme
Contributor
Contributor

welp after tons of nagging(had to repeat my case number a 2nd time) i finally got my refund in my paypal 11am today, they didnt even bother to email me a confermation

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.