PayPal is a joke

Kymmk58
Contributor
Contributor

I I have an account I want to close. Was limited in 2014 and not used since. Has a nil balance. Hasn't a bank account or card linked.

Can't finalise the limitation because the system won't allow me to add my card so I can't close my account. 

After mailing nicely several (several) times and getting a robot I bet them a $1b that they wouldn't read this mail. Got a robot reply from Astrid saying they were closing my account and freezing any money in it for 6 months. Iy hasn't any money in it and it hasn't any accounts linked. 

My Reply

Hey Astrid, great because my balance is nil, hasn't been used for several years so there will be no charge backs, has no credit card or accounts linked anyway and...........I've been trying to close the account myself, that's what all these messages were about but nobody, even you, bothered to read them. Your response to complaints and customer requests for help is to close the account. Truly you are the absolute worst company I have dealt with, PayPal has no regard for it's customers. Shame.

And you owe me $1,000,000,000 because that was an automated response, you couldn't be bothered to write a new mail. Good One.

'we cannot disclose the specific criteria that causes PayPal to limit access to accounts' means I upset PayPal and you threw a sook and closed my account just because you can. If a bank did this in Australia you would be in huge trouble...how do I know? Because I worked in one for 40 years.

I've taken you to the Federal Finance Ombusman and to the Small Claims Court on my other account.

PS ­ I'm sending all these mails to a Consumer Television show to let all of Australia have a laugh at PayPal.

Really really bad terrible disrespectful service. Time to leave Australia PayPal.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You have two accounts?  One has no money in it and the other one does?  When an account is limited (with money held for six months or not), it is essentially on its way to being closed or closed unless they allow you appeal. Nothing else for you to do but wait the 6 months, with any money in your account to cover disputes, chargebacks, or bank reversals that are claimed against your account in that amount of time.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

siela
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, i have same problem.

I sent all the necessary documents, but my  paypal account was limited, and peaceful informed me that it would be closed. I have available balance more $300. This is another scam to stealing money. I talked many times with customer service, their response is always, please send the following documents......

The same documents I had to send them five times and finally :

We regret to inform you that we're initiating the closure of your PayPal account because of certain activity that took place relating to your account. This measure is necessary to protect us from potential financial losses.

Login to Me Too

Kymmk58
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I had two accounts. The first was frozen because of a suspicious log in (me on the work PC) in 2012 then after supplying info and getting no resolution I gave up and created another. Then in 2014 I logged into the old one to see if it was still frozen so I could close it and it had another suspicious log in...me again on another PC. I supplied info but could get no sense out of them so I asked them to close it. They refused until I updated more info. Back and forward this went for months. When I complained they...guess what? Closed my account and froze it for 6 months so they can still claim back any money although it hasn't been used for 4 years, has no credit card linked and has no bank account linked. I'd been trying to add those but the system wouldn't let me.

So yes they are a joke. No one actually read my mails. I just got the standard 'bot responses back until I escalated it and then I got a 'bot closure mail. Hopeless customer service

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Based on your activity PayPal may have just decided you were a high risk customer and would severe ties with you.

Login to Me Too

Kymmk58
Contributor
Contributor

Nah I'm not accepting this behavior. I've lodged a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman, lodged a claim in court, gone to a national TV station, mailed the ACCC and contacted my local Senator. 

Read Paypal Australia's Facebook page...see all the complaints, all vehement, frustrated cries for help...all ignored. And look at YouTube...so many videos on poor service, bad practices and all expressing hate. I'd be ashamed to work for them, be a supporter or Fanboy 

Again they are the absolute worst company I've ever dealt with and need to be stopped. I've started my Facebook page...Paypal Problems to help others.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.