Permanently Limited Account

and0r1995
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

2 years or so my personal account was permanently limited for receiving a bigger amount of money. Since then I didn't use the account, but now I'd need it back. 

I contacted PayPal, and they said what I already knew. That it was limited. I called the support team on the phone and asked what I can do about this. The guy with an Indian accent said that I could try opening a new account. So that's what I did.

It worked for 3-4 days. Then I added a credit card to it and made a payment to Flippa. Then.. it got limited.

I don't see it fair that they tell me to try to make a new account and then they close it.

Is there anything I can do in order to restore my account or... something?

Thankds,

Andor Nagy

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@and0r1995

Probably not, if it was a permanent limitation then it means you can't open another paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

and0r1995
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

So I contacted paypal, again, and got this as a reply:

Dear Balint Andor Nagy,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Your account is permanently limited ( you cannot use it). We keep the balance for 180 days, and after 180 days you are allowed to withdraw/transfer your funds.

You can always try to open a new PayPal account but you need to use different e-mail address and obey the PayPal rules.

But let me ask, isn't opening a new account breaking the rules already?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It depends on the details.

You must follow the rules.

Login to Me Too

and0r1995
Contributor
Contributor

What do you mean by details?

I got this suggestion on phone once already, and after my first payment the account got limited and the payment didn't go throu either. But it got limited, and they kept my money also.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Details.  Everything you did no disclose about the situation.  In the end, you are the one responsible for following the PayPal rules.

Login to Me Too

and0r1995
Contributor
Contributor

As far as I know, I followed what they said. And if they closed it because I got a bigger amount of money, then not sure.

Also... what can I do in this case?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Nothing other than find a different payment processor.

Login to Me Too

and0r1995
Contributor
Contributor

I got to like how Paypal cares so much about their security, but not about their users. No offense to anyone. But it's true.

I haven't failed anywhere. I followed the rules, yes once I got a 800 USD payment to a personal account, but that was it.

Login to Me Too

ljubomir993
Contributor
Contributor

and0r1995 Agree with you. I too can not use Paypal in my life. But not mine wrong for that, Paypal not understand me. Only say, that is final, and bye.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.