ITEM SHOWS DELIVERED BUT NOT RECEIVED!!

Roham
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

About a month ago, I won a bidding contest for an Ipad (Unusually cheap)  on eBay from a User with zero feedback that had created his account recently. After I made my payment, I realized that the user is no longer registered and eBay notified me that the item is no longer available. However, when I opened a case on Ebay, I saw the tracking number is provided for my item which says delivered. After further investigation, USPS notified me that the package was sent to a different address with the same zip code and my name was not on the package. Surprisingly, eBay reached to a conclusion that I should not be refunded based on the tracking number showing delivered status. They did not even ask for my proof, Which is an email from Usps AGENT CONFIRMING my claim. What's your suggestion for taking back my money?

Thnaks,

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Roham

Have you tried opening a dispute on paypal.

Make sure you put in ALL the information you have said here before you escalate to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

or open a case with your credit card issuer,attached your carrier testimony.

Both Ebay and Paypal use robots to handle most cases,hopefully your cc issuer has not caught on yet.  

what has happened in your case,is that the crook uploaded a tracking number for an envelope or empty packge to an address in your zipcode . 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Roham

i would try a paypal dispute first and if that fails then use the c.c. option but only if you paid that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Roham
Contributor
Contributor

How can I find a Transaction ID in PayPal? When I skip that I'm only left with the option which says "UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION"

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Roham

Click on the transaction and the id should be on the details page.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor
Make sure you get proof from the post office that it was delivered to a different address this worked for me. Without that evidence I lost the case twice till I provided that info.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.