Non-receipt dispute

ChrisKavvadas
Contributor
Contributor

I am sending for a problem I have with a seller from ebay. I bought a product that never came, so I asked a refund.

The seller asked me to remove my negative feedback and i would get 10 dollars as a refund (more than what i paid). After a conversation i got only 3.41 GBP for a refund (i didn't mind for the 10 dollars agreement since the current refund was what i paid for the product) but in paypal it looks as a payment, not a refund. About the feedback i could only revise it but first the seller had to send me an email notification, that i asked and he never sent me.

The problem is that today 01-23-2014 the seller has opened a dispute with the reason "Non-receipt" against this transaction in paypal and he wants the refund back. What should I do? I read here https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Selling-with-PayPal/How-do-I-issue-a-receipt-for-a-paid-paypal-i... that there's no need for me to issue a separate receipt because paypal sends each buyer a receipt for their payment.

Thanks a lot.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The seller could not have refunded you, they sent a payment via send money > goods so if you don't provide a tracking number that proves delivery of an item to them they will get the refund.

So you need to file a dispute for non receipt of item against the ORIGINAL TRANSACTION so that the seller is forced to refund you.

Why you accepted a bribe to remove feedback i really don't know, if you did not get an item and the seller refused to refund why did you not just file a dispute and leave the feedback to warn other buyers. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ChrisKavvadas
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot, i am new and i dont know how it works, so i believe the seller tricked me. Could you tell me exactly what i should do?

There is already an open case about the item (the money he wants back) so i can't make a dispute for non receipt the item. It is also a Transaction that happened on 15-oct-2013, is there any problem because it is old?

The feedback isn't changed, so maybe thats why he is trying to get the refund back.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes, you can't file a dispute after 45 days post payment.

I would phone customer services and see what they advise.

Contact us bottom of paypal pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ChrisKavvadas
Contributor
Contributor

It is realy hard to contact with phone. An email maybe? I have already sent one but i dont have news.

Login to Me Too

ChrisKavvadas
Contributor
Contributor

I answered to the dispute and the seller who made it (looks like a buyer to the dispute) answered "as we agreed,u can help me remove the bad feedbackbut u do not help me". It it obvious that he tricked me so in case I don't delete my feedback he would take back the money. I have all the emails of our conversation and paypal can see his answer at the resolution center that he actually does not disagree with what I say. He actually agrees that the reason he disputed the transaction is because I didn't delete the feedback. It is obvious that this seller is a fraud.

Case ID: PP-002-922-350-254

I really can't phone paypal. What should i do? Doesn't paypal has staf that double checks those issues? I am not a pro, I use paypal only to pay for what I buy.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Customer services are the only ones that can help you.

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.