Never Received Payment

lionswing
Contributor
Contributor
I was selling multiple items on eBay, and a customer wanted to buy the items. I told him I needed to make sure everything was squared away with the payment before I shipped. I received an email from PayPal saying the funds will be released once the buyer puts the tracking number in and it says delivered. Today at 12 PM it was marked delivered and was expecting payment.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Seems like you got yourself into a scam.   PayPal dies not require tracking numbers; furthermore, buyers don't have tracking numbers.

It seems the email was not from PayPal.

Did you check your PayPal account for transaction details before shipping?

Login to Me Too

lionswing
Contributor
Contributor
I had never used PayPal or ever even tried selling something before. I figured since I had received an email from PayPal that it would go through. There is nothing in my PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to check the email and look at the REAL email address of the sender; it is NOT from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

lionswing
Contributor
Contributor

They payment was for $340, and this is the the email that I received saying I was getting paid. <removed>

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That email address was quite obviously NOT FROM PAYPAL.COM.  It was a scam and you accepted it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.