My account got hack lost $500 paypal no help

Piraya
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

My paypal account got hacked month ago ,  hacker tried to use "Send money to a friend" to send money from my balance $500 out to other paypal account name <removed> , I have open Dispute case for request restore my funds but paypal don't have . they said follow this .

Thanks for your patience during our review of this case. Unfortunately, this transaction isn't protected by PayPal Buyer Protection. As a result, this case has been closed and we're not able to take any further action.

Transaction details

Case ID: PP-006-071-686-665

Seller's name: Đức <removed>

Seller's email: <removed>

Seller's transaction ID: 06773539F24323638

Transaction date: 9 July 2017

Transaction amount: -$500.00 USD

Your transaction ID: 4ME36712X7959591E

I have to called paypal many time they said will investigate about where my money gone but untill now i can't to get any respond from them and they not allow me open more Dispute case . I very disappointed with paypal service , they not help when got hacker and money lost i have wait over month for want to know where my money gone but no respond . so what happened with paypal service ? they really side with me or they side with hacker ? that is my question but nerver got respond . So now i no hope to get money back i just want to share my experience with who not got hack yet so be careful about your money in balance , if you got hacked your money will lost and paypal won't help , about my experience dont left money too much in balance paypal , just deposit money when you want to pay or something  like that . I have to disappointed with paypal company and not trust they again . sorry my english not good i hope you guys undertand me.

Thanks all,

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Piraya
Contributor
Contributor

yes This is a disgrace. sure i was confrim my identity and this guy i never do business with he/she before paypal can check my history , i never make transactions  with he/she before i got hacked . Until now paypal still not respond me where my money go and who was hacked my money . I very disappointed with paypal.

Login to Me Too

AriaPhantom
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same situation now. The hacker used my account to transfer about 4 * $840+ = $3300+ to his account. I am just a student. $3000 is too much for me.

Do you solve this problem? 

If yes, could you please tell me how to get my money back? Please help me.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is this $500 paypal fund or taken from a credit card linked to your PAypal account.

if it is taken from a credit card,then file chargeback with your cc issuer.

so you know the email address of that person who received your  $500?

is he from the same country as you?

It is a shame Paypal does not give you more information,$500 is not a small sum of money.

Login to Me Too

Rell170
New Community Member
Me to and now I have no money in my account .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.