My account got hack lost $500 paypal no help

Piraya
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

My paypal account got hacked month ago ,  hacker tried to use "Send money to a friend" to send money from my balance $500 out to other paypal account name <removed> , I have open Dispute case for request restore my funds but paypal don't have . they said follow this .

Thanks for your patience during our review of this case. Unfortunately, this transaction isn't protected by PayPal Buyer Protection. As a result, this case has been closed and we're not able to take any further action.

Transaction details

Case ID: PP-006-071-686-665

Seller's name: Đức <removed>

Seller's email: <removed>

Seller's transaction ID: 06773539F24323638

Transaction date: 9 July 2017

Transaction amount: -$500.00 USD

Your transaction ID: 4ME36712X7959591E

I have to called paypal many time they said will investigate about where my money gone but untill now i can't to get any respond from them and they not allow me open more Dispute case . I very disappointed with paypal service , they not help when got hacker and money lost i have wait over month for want to know where my money gone but no respond . so what happened with paypal service ? they really side with me or they side with hacker ? that is my question but nerver got respond . So now i no hope to get money back i just want to share my experience with who not got hack yet so be careful about your money in balance , if you got hacked your money will lost and paypal won't help , about my experience dont left money too much in balance paypal , just deposit money when you want to pay or something  like that . I have to disappointed with paypal company and not trust they again . sorry my english not good i hope you guys undertand me.

Thanks all,

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Piraya
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know exactly what virus or hacker was done with my account , Only one i knew is my money was lost and i didn't make that Transaction .

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if somone knows your password,he could access your account and send money under friend and family to another member,is there any one who knows your password.

how do you access Paypal?

phone,laptop,PC,?public library.

whoever the person is know Paypal,under friend and family,sending $$ is not giving a cash gift,there is no protection.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

never g ive your password to anyone,dont write it down somewhere people can read it ,or type your password where others can watch you typing/

Login to Me Too

Piraya
Contributor
Contributor

I access Paypal with my PC and mobile , I don't think have person can see my password . about this case hacker they alrealy know if use friend and family,sending $$ paypal will not refund . so if paypal system so weak if account got hack money will lost all paypal don't care don't help . it mean they side with hacker not customer.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It sounds like your security is weak,someone knows your password and sent $500 to another account under firiend and family.

Paypal said there is no protection under this type of transaction

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal recognises your devices,if they found someone use your device ,whether pc or phone to access your account,it is either you allow that person to do so or you are lax in safeguarding your account.

there is a guy who posted he allowed his cousin to use his PC to play games,his cousin did more than that,he used his paypal account to pay for some games,Paypal denied his unauthorised claim

Login to Me Too

Piraya
Contributor
Contributor

I don't said my system was perfect that why i got virus and stolen my money but if Paypal said there is no protection under this type of transaction it mean paypal they give space for hacker take money customer because hacker know if use family/friend make Transaction money, paypal will no help in this case that why i said paypal weak , so about your example "his cousin did more than that,he used his paypal account to pay for some games,Paypal denied his unauthorised claim" that case not same me because i'm don't allow who to access my PC , my PC got hacked they're access my paypal account make transaction . so now i want to know where my money go and paypal what they do with that hacker to get my money ? i want information about paypal account was take my money i know only email and name. i want more about they information who take my money gone .

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

since you have his email,try sending him a money request.

we are not Paypal,just be more careful when you use your device to access Paypal,keep changing your password

Login to Me Too

Piraya
Contributor
Contributor

i saw his email on Transaction i have to sent email to ask him why to take my money and i got no respond . I dont know paypal have to ask he or not , i need to have more information of him.

Login to Me Too

yllwBOY
Contributor
Contributor

This is a disgrace. Paypal should revert unauthorized transactions if you can prove your identity, especially if that money has been sent to someone who the user has never sent money to before. You have my sincere condoleances, probably Paypal will argue that it's your fault you got hacked and lost $500(!!!). What a shame.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.