Mailing to a Hotel (address confirmed)

Kraftwiz
Contributor
Contributor

Just got a sale on Ebay for some headphones looks like the guy is from Brazil and sent me a payment through Paypal and is using a hotel address in Orlando that PayPal says is confirmed.  He is got his name and then (Guest Sept 27) in the address what you think?

How he got the address confirmed is distrubing since its a hotel!!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

If the address is registered it can be valid.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Look at the PayPal transaction details page.  Is there an "OK to ship"?  If so, you need to ship to the displayed address.  Is the item eligible for seller protection?

Buyers can have domestic shipping addresses so the seller does not need to ship internationally.

When in doubt just email the buyer for an explanation.

Login to Me Too

Kraftwiz
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it is seller protection - Eligible Address status: Confirmed

With that being said if it "gets" to the hotel and he says he never received it am I out the money?

Can someone from PayPal tell me?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal will not comment on specific issues; there is no way to know the answer for certain in this case.

As long as you have online tracking to show delivered to the sender's PayPal address (signature for high amounts), then you have seller protection.

Are you sure it is a hotel address?

You should take every reasonable precaution to make sure it does get to the buyer.  It is more than just accepting the address which doesn't have a real name.  So, send an email to the buyer and ask for clarification.  You could also phone the hotel for an explanation of how it will get to the buyer.  You could even phone the buyer.

The buyer could be using the hotel to collect for international shipping.

I've had questions when I had a buyer with a strange oriental name using a strange warehouse address.  I checked it on Google maps to see ti was a forwarding service.  I sent and email to the buyer to confirm the correct name and address.  I received confirmation and shipped.  No problem.

You have options:

Take the initiative and investigate; PayPal won't do that for you.

From our own store I've even phoned buyers when there were questions which email couldn't handle.

Ship to the address as provided.

Cancel and refund.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

confirmed address or not confirmed is no longer relevant to seller protection,what you need to pay attention is the Paypal payment notice,is the item eligible for proection,is it ok to ship and you MUST ship to the address in that notice.

Businessmen often buy merchandise from his hotel,using his hotel room as an address,as long as your tracking shows it is delivered,and if 750 or more,signed for,you are protected.

you know the hotel concierge is going to get the package first.

you can also insure it,USPS priority comes with insurance,or take out private insurance

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.