Lulugal

VLG
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a dress from Lulugal on November 22 so that it would arrive in plenty of time for Christmas. I received a "shipment notification" on December 3, after which I waited, finally asking (for the first of several times) "Where is my order?" on December 14. The answer I received then and subsequently--the last time on December 22--was "Wait one more week, and thank you for your patience." The package did finally arrive on December 24; however, the dress is the wrong color, only vaguely resembles what was pictured on the website and, of course, does not fit.  After investigating the possibility of returning it, I have discovered that it would cost me more--because Lulugal does not pay return costs--to send it back to China (I had no idea that these products originate in China) than I paid for the dress. I am disgusted by this entire experience, and I'd like to have my money returned, but it'll still be a loss for me should I attempt to send back the dress.

After disputing this with Paypal and not receiving a satisfactory answer from Lulugal, who offered me a whole $8.00 in compensation, I escalated it to a claim, and now I'm stymied because Paypal wants tracking information to show that I have sent the item back to Lulugal.  I haven't done that, because even with the munificent $8.00 compensation that Lulugal has offered, I will lose money on this deal because of the prohibitive shipping costs.  Beyond "Enter the tracking information" point of this dispute, there appears to be no way to comment further and say "I will not send it back.  It's useless to me as it exists, but I will incur a greater hit through the shipping charges than I have already sustained."

At this point, since I understand that my money is gone, the only possible satisfactory resolution I can see to this issue is some kind of guarantee from Paypal that they will no longer sanction purchases from Lulugal.  I am at fault for not having exercised due dilgence by reading the HUNDREDS of negative reviews of Lulugal (this is apparently a very common issue), but I regularly order online and have never experienced an unsolvable debacle of this magnitude.

Thoughts?

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can activate PayPal Return Shipping then return the item to get reimbursed up to $30:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

^ That is if you did not fund your payment with card.

Login to Me Too

VLG
Contributor
Contributor

I did pay with a card, and shipping to Shanghai will cost more than $30.00.  I refuse to be out even more money because of this.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Then file dispute with card issuer.

Edit: typo

Login to Me Too

itzachance
Contributor
Contributor

Wow I had the exact same problem. Paypal was no help as their is not a line item to pick that is exact problem to dispute and Paypal closed the claim because I received the item.

Login to Me Too

itzachance
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was ordered then I decided to cancel immediately. Lulu says you have 12 hrs. to cancel. I never received a receipt through email or right at the point of order. They make it hard to communicate. Then they sent the item anyway even though I stressed to them I was cancelling the order. No where do they say its from China until you can see point of origin from their shipping. And the item is ugly compared to the picture on their advertisement. Paypal has been awful to get this resolved!!

Login to Me Too

VLG
Contributor
Contributor

When this arose and as I was discussing it on Facebook, a friend of mine said that she had placed an order in October and still--as of just before Christmas--had not received it.  She was actually able to get someone at Paypal on the phone (an apparently arduous process) and, to her surprise, Paypal refunded her payment.

Resolving these issues should not be this hard.

Login to Me Too

Burchy
Contributor
Contributor
I have just ordered and immediately cancelled by opening a'ticket' through the website. Is this how you tried to cancel? Did you hear anything from them at all?
Login to Me Too

erinartifacts
Contributor
Contributor

I'm hopeful that if you're cancelling before they've sent merchandise, that you will not have the same problem.   "Opening a Ticket" is how I communicated with them, they usually got back to me within 24-48 hours.  I had to screen shot my discussions with them to get my refund with PayPal, and also had to make several calls to PayPal (which was arduous, but got me much better results.)

Login to Me Too

VLG
Contributor
Contributor

Maddening, isn't it?  Sure, I received the item after hounding Lulugal for weeks, but the dress is significantly not as described and it does not fit.

At this point I'm wondering what the point of Paypal is, since they seem to be of little help.  If I am able to file a claim with my card issuer--and I can, and I have--why do I need Paypal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.