Item not in original condition for return

Mssk
New Community Member
I bought swimming pool chlorinator replacement cells and Paypal has just approved a refund as cells were faulty (not producing chlorine). However a condition of refund is that the product is in ORIGINAL condition. Anyone who owns a pool knows that a chlorinator is exposed to the elements ..sun, rain. Cells also have a bit of build up too. PayPal and seller know that item has been used as I have informed them clearly in my complaint. Is this a standard clause or can they refuse my refund based on condition of the item? Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Randy

@Mssk

Thanks for reaching out to us.  In order for a transaction to remain eligible for PayPal's Purchase Protection in the above scenario, the item would have to be returned to the seller in the same condition it was originally received.  If the seller confirms that the merchandise was not returned to them in the original condition, there would be a chance that the claim would not be resolved in your favor.  You can find additional information on PayPal's Purchase Protection Policy here:  https://bit.ly/2AukMza

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.