ITEMS NOT RECEIVED AND SELLER ASKS FOR MORE MONEY ((NO TRACKING #))

hellopello123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I feel like I'm in a big trouble. I'm about to lose 830 dollars because of the seller. I opened up a dispute 12 hours ago and escalated to a claim. 

In January 14, 2017, I paid $830.00 for three Chrome Hearts rings from this guy living in Canada. 

Even though I told him OVER AND OVER again that I need a tracking number and an insurance, he DID NOT add neither tracking number nor insurance on my items. Now, it has been 15 days the items are not here yet (Even longer than what Canada Post - a supposed carrier of my items - said on its website. It was clear that I wasn't going to receive this item, so I contacted the seller and told him there must be a problem with his shipment. 

However, he degraded me to a scammer and told me paypal can't do anything about it because the money was already in his bank account under his parents name.

I informed him the policy in Paypal and told him he could get into big trouble if he was going to solve an issue that way. He looked definitely scared and told me to not to tell their parents. He at the end admitted that the package is probably lost and he made a mistake.

I immediately asked for a refund but he told me only thing he could do it to give me an expensive Chrome hearts bracelet only if I SENT HIM 500 MORE DOLLARS. Of course I was aware of the danger of making another transaction like this, so I refused. I couldn't seem to make him refund my money even though he admitted that he messed up and everything was his fault. 

Dear Paypal forum, can I get a payback for such an obvious "ITEMS NOT RECEIVED" case like this? Please help, I've never had this before in paypal transaction. I have screenshotted the messages he sent me, so I have an obvious proof of all this. 

Thank you for stopping by and reading this, 

Thank you all Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hellopello123

In the event of an item not received dispute the onus is on the seller to provide a tracking number to prove delivery of the item to you and if not then as long as you met buyer protection criteria then you would get a refund.

If the buyer could not refund you then paypal would do so and then they would chase the seller to pay them back.

So put EVERYTHING you can into the dispute and escalate it to a claim and then leave it to paypal.

Also i would mention that it sounds as if this guy is an underage user and as such should not have a paypal account  ??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The seller could be  using his parents account,thats why the money is transferred to his parents bank account.

since you have filed dispute of item not received,just follow the dispute procedure,escalate to get Paypal review,PAYPAL will ask seller for tracking ,tracking must show it has been delivered to your Paypal address.

Also if you lose,appeal,as any payment $750 or more must be signed for-which means he not only have to produce tracking but signature from you.

You should have no problem getting your money back.

If he has a Paypal account,he cannot link his parents bank account,thats a violation.  

Login to Me Too

hellopello123
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much! I appreciate your help Thanks for clarifying
Login to Me Too

hellopello123
Contributor
Contributor
Ok! Thank you very much Fyi, i didn't know how to use forum as it is my first time ysibg it. Sorry for duplicating post but it seems like I'm unable to delete two other same posts
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hellopello123

No problem, i just had to put a comment on there to get rid of them from ''contribute'' so someone else gets a go.  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hellopello123
Contributor
Contributor
Yep 🙂 I'll keep that in mind next time (but hopefully I don't get scammed next time)
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hellopello123

Yep hard learning curve but hopefully you will win.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.